The Texas Freedom Network (TFN) seeks a full-time DFW Voter Registration Program Director based in Dallas to run a full time voter registration program within TFN’s Texas Rising project. Texas Rising is a project of the Texas Freedom Network, a statewide grassroots organization that is building an informed and effective movement of young Texans working toward equality and social justice.
The VR Program Director will oversee TFN’s Dallas program for voter registration. The primary responsibilities of the VR Program Director will be to manage a team of full-time staff, plan and coordinate Texas voter registration programming, and create/implement systems for the voter registration team in the DFW area. The DFW VR Program Director should be passionate about coaching staff, progressive organizing, and implementing systems. The VR Program Director will report to the Vice President of Programs.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- 40% – Recruit, train, and manage a team of up to 5 full-time voter registration leadership staff (who oversee teams of canvassers, or manage our quality control systems) to organize effectively and efficiently in the DFW area to reach their voter registration goals. Travel to supervised regions.
- 20% – Work closely with leadership to develop a plan to register voters in their region, and assist in implementation/delegation of tasks specific to these campaigns
- 20% – Help with oversight and administration of canvassing programs
- 15% – Prepare and lead trainings organizing structure development
- 5% – Develop relationships and partnerships with partner organizations, allies in the community, and campus administrations in order to achieve programming goals
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience in electoral organizing and managing organizers
- Experience in registering voters in Texas and knowledge of legal challenges and barriers to voter registration in Texas
- Strong commitment to voter registration integrity
- 2+ years of management experience preferred
- Very strong attention to detail
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter who is able to work independently and in a team environment
- Demonstrate a commitment to the progressive values, mission and goals of the organization, including experience working with communities of color and a desire to be part of an anti-racist organization.
- Weekend and irregular work hours required
- Must have reliable transportation to conduct voter registration drives, make site visits and deliver VR forms to counties throughout the region.
- Ability to adapt to evolving priorities and manage several tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with colleagues and outside organizations, and multi-task without sacrificing quality of work
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to foster a cooperative, team oriented work environment
Salary: $70,000/annual = $5833/month
100% employer paid medical/dental/vision insurance, paid vacation and sick leave, phone and gas allowance.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. This is a temporary position that begins on March 13, 2024 and will run through at least October 15, 2024. Mandatory training will be the week of March 18 in San Antonio.
Texas Freedom Network is an equal-opportunity employer and encourages people of color, ethnic minorities, women, and individuals from the LGBTQ community to apply.
About Texas Freedom Network
Founded in 1995, the Texas Freedom Network is a nonpartisan, grassroots organization of more than 150,000 religious and community leaders who support religious freedom, individual liberties and public education. Based in Austin, TFN acts as the state’s watchdog for monitoring far-right issues, organizations, money and leaders. The organization has been instrumental in defeating initiatives backed by the religious right in Texas, including private school vouchers and textbook censorship at the State Board of Education.