The Texas Freedom Network (TFN) seeks a full-time Regional Program Coordinator for its Texas Rising program based in Houston, Texas. Texas Rising is a project of the Texas Freedom Network that is building an informed and effective movement of young Texans working toward equality and social justice across the state of Texas.
The Regional Program Coordinator will oversee our program in Houston. The primary responsibilities of the Regional Program Coordinator include recruiting, training, and managing teams of college-age students on area campuses to build grassroots power and implement civic engagement and issue-based advocacy campaigns. The Regional Program Coordinator should be passionate about training staff, progressive organizing, and implementing systems. The Regional Program Coordinator will report to the Statewide Program Manager.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Developing a plan to organize their region based on its unique characteristics for grassroots electoral and issue-advocacy campaigns
- Coordinating TX Rising student chapters on targeted campuses in the region, which includes managing volunteers and stipended student leaders
- Planning and implementing voter engagement campaigns which include voter registration, voter education, and Get Out The Vote (GOTV) efforts (phone banking, text outreach, and block walking)
- Management of part-time staff dedicated to voter outreach
- Developing and maintaining relationships with partner organizations and allies in the community
- Planning, coordinating logistics and building participation for Texas Rising events
- Preparing and leading youth advocacy and organizing trainings
- Participating in issue advocacy around reproductive justice, voting rights, lgbtq equality, criminal justice reform, immigration reform
- Serving as TX Rising representative at coalitions, events, conferences and meetings, including public speaking engagements
- Occasional travel to TX Rising events throughout the state
- Extensive travel and sometimes working long and/or irregular hours are required.
Qualifications and Skills
- Must live in or be willing to relocate to Houston, TX
- Applicants must be well organized, resourceful and persistent
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrate a commitment to the progressive values, mission and goals of the organization
- Must be highly motivated self-starters who are able to work independently and in a team environment
- Ideal candidates will be able to bring young people of color together and motivate them to get involved in the political process.
- Ability to implement digital organizing in their everyday work is preferred.
- Have an entrepreneurial spirit and the capacity to build and implement a plan for your region is preferred
- Fluency in another language is preferred.
- Experience in volunteer and staff management is preferred
Salary: $50,000 – $60,000 (depending on experience)
100% employer paid medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k) savings plan with employer contribution, paid vacation, personal, sick, and parental leave.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Texas Freedom Network is an equal-opportunity employer and encourages people of color, ethnic minorities, women, and individuals from the LGBTQ community to apply.
About Texas Freedom Network
Founded in 1995, the Texas Freedom Network is a nonpartisan, grassroots organization of more than 150,000 religious and community leaders who support religious freedom, individual liberties and public education. Based in Austin, TFN acts as the state’s watchdog for monitoring far-right issues, organizations, money and leaders. The organization has been instrumental in defeating initiatives backed by the religious right in Texas, including private school vouchers and textbook censorship at the State Board of Education.