The Texas Freedom Network (TFN) seeks a full-time Texas Rising Statewide Program Manager based in Dallas or Houston. Texas Rising is a project of the Texas Freedom Network, a statewide grassroots organization that is building an informed and effective movement of young Texans working toward equality and social justice.
The Statewide Program Manager will oversee Texas Rising programming in the northern part of the state. The primary responsibilities of the Statewide Program Manager will be to manage a team of full-time staff, plan and coordinate Texas Rising programming, and create/implement systems for the Texas Rising team in the Houston, Dallas, and Austin metro areas. The Statewide Program Manager should be passionate about coaching staff, progressive organizing, and implementing systems. The Statewide Program Manager will report to the Texas Rising Senior Director.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- 40% – Recruit, train, and manage a team of 3-5 full-time Regional Program Coordinators (who oversee teams of part time organizers and volunteers in their regions) to organize effectively and efficiently on their campuses and in their communities to reach their goals. Travel to supervised regions.
- 20% – Work closely with leadership to develop a plan to implement advocacy and electoral campaigns, assist in implementation/delegation of tasks specific to these campaigns
- 15% – Prepare and lead trainings, statewide events, organizing structure development
- 15% – Help with oversight and administration of canvassing programs
- 5% – Develop relationships and partnerships with partner organizations, allies in the community, and campus administrations in order to achieve programming goals
- 5% – Serve as the Texas Rising representative at events, conferences, and meetings, including public speaking engagements
Qualifications and Skills
- Experience organizing and managing organizers and volunteers
- 2+ years of management experience preferred
- Strong attention to detail
- Must be a highly motivated selfr who is able to work independently and in a team environment
- Demonstrate a commitment to the progressive values, mission and goals of the organization, including experience working with communities of color and a desire to be part of an anti-racist organization.
- Weekend and irregular work hours required
- Ability to travel statewide
- Ability to adapt to evolving priorities and manage several tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with colleagues and outside organizations, and multi-task without sacrificing quality of work
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to foster a cooperative, team oriented work environment
- Experience working with VAN or Votebuilder
- Experience with electoral organizing
Salary: $65,000 – $70,000 (depending on experience)
100% employer paid medical/dental/vision insurance, 401(k) savings plan with employer contribution, paid vacation, personal, sick, and parental leave.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis.
Texas Freedom Network is an equal-opportunity employer and encourages people of color, ethnic minorities, women, and individuals from the LGBTQ community to apply.
About Texas Freedom Network
Founded in 1995, the Texas Freedom Network is a nonpartisan, grassroots organization of more than 150,000 religious and community leaders who support religious freedom, individual liberties and public education. Based in Austin, TFN acts as the state’s watchdog for monitoring far-right issues, organizations, money and leaders. The organization has been instrumental in defeating initiatives backed by the religious right in Texas, including private school vouchers and textbook censorship at the State Board of Education.