Internship – Digital
Reports to: Intern Manager
Location: Washington, D.C.
Status: Full-Time; Non-Exempt
Launched in 2016, The Hub Project is a nonprofit effort comprised of a growing team of communications, research, operations, and organizing experts who have extensive experience in campaign strategy, digital, and polling and analytics. We believe in a country where everyone has the opportunity to succeed in our economy and participate in our democracy, and we make that vision a reality by partnering with advocacy groups – bringing surge capacity and coordination to build innovative and effective campaigns.
The Hub is currently accepting applications for its spring 2021 Digital Internship. This is a paid internship. College students and recent graduates are encouraged to apply but must be available to take on a full-time internship for a minimum of 40 hours a week. We’re a fast-moving place that’s always ready to jump into the next fight, so the right person for the internship is not afraid of taking on new opportunities to move people to action and quickly responding to an ever-changing news cycle.
As a digital intern, some of your responsibilities may include:
● Contributing to social media management and strategy, including drafting social media content and helping to plan editorial calendars
● Assisting with email campaigns, editing and check listing email drafts
● Supporting paid media programming, including recruiting and vetting potential storytellers and tracking competitive spending by other campaigns
● Helping with other digital projects as needed, potentially including graphic design work, website content population, or video editing
● You’re a skilled writer with the ability to modify messages and tone to move particular audiences
● You’re extremely organized, detail-oriented, and analytical
● You’ve got a sense of humor, entrepreneurialism, and an openness to evolving responsibilities
● You have experience drafting social media content, writing fundraising or issue advocacy emails, or with graphic design and video editing
● You are a creative problem-solver, organized, and live for the details
● You have experience working on progressive issue campaigns or in Democratic politics
New Venture Fund Careers
The Hub is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The New Venture Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The New Venture Fund’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from The Hub. Thank you for your interest.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com