Internship – Operations
Reports to: Intern Manager
Location: Washington, D.C.
Status: Full-Time; Non-Exempt
Launched in 2016, The Hub Project is a nonprofit effort comprised of a growing team of communications, research, operations, and organizing experts who have extensive experience in campaign strategy, digital, and polling and analytics. We believe in a country where everyone has the opportunity to succeed in our economy and participate in our democracy, and we make that vision a reality by partnering with advocacy groups – bringing surge capacity and coordination to build innovative and effective campaigns.
The Hub is currently accepting applications for the spring 2020 Operations Internship. This is a paid internship. College students and recent graduates are encouraged to apply and must be available to take on a full-time internship for a minimum of 40 hours a week. We’re a fast-moving place that’s always ready to jump into the next fight, so the right person for the internship is not afraid of taking on new opportunities to move people to action and quickly respond to an ever-changing news cycle.
As Operations Intern, you’ll:
● Support with a variety of administrative, office and staff management, and business operations functions
● Procure and manage supply inventory, and other supplies for team and organization events and campaign initiatives
● Navigate operating systems and spreadsheets for data entry and management
● Partner with programs on Operations and HR needs as directed by the Director, Talent and Operations and Executive Assistant to the ED and COO
● Support event planning, prep, and execution with internal and external teams
● Perform other operational duties as assigned
● You have an interest and background in progressive causes
● You’re an effective multitasker with excellent communication skills
● You’re extremely organized, detail-oriented, and analytical
● You’re proactive with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
● You have experience working with G-Suite and Microsoft Office products
● You have experience working on progressive issue campaigns
New Venture Fund Careers
The Hub is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The New Venture Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The New Venture Fund’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from The Hub. Thank you for your interest.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org