Position: Campaign Associate
Reports to: Director, Economic Campaigns
Location: Washington, DC
Status: Full-time, Exempt; This position is included in a union-represented collective bargaining unit; specific employment terms and conditions are subject to labor-management negotiations and a potential Collective Bargaining Agreement
Launched in 2016, The Hub Project is a nonprofit effort composed of a growing team of communications, research, operations, and organizing experts who have extensive experience in campaign strategy, digital, and polling and analytics. We believe in a country where everyone has the opportunity to succeed in our economy and participate in our democracy, and we make that vision a reality by partnering with advocacy groups – bringing surge capacity and coordination to build innovative and effective campaigns.
The Hub Project is looking for a Campaign Associate. The Campaign Associate will support one or more national and state-based programs focused on educating the public about critical economic issues and holding elected officials accountable to their constituents. Our campaigns leverage a mix of grassroots organizing, paid media, and earned media tactics to advance the goals of the Hub and its allies.
The Campaign Associate will support a team of passionate and talented staff from across the organization to create dynamic and effective issue advocacy campaigns. You’ll support programs that include robust communications, digital, research and policy, and paid media. You’ll be responsible for helping to facilitate tracking, reporting, communications, and operations systems. This role also may be responsible for managing short-term projects as necessary.
As a Campaign Associate you will:
- Track and report information in conjunction with internal team members, external stakeholders, grantees, and consultants.
- Support issue advocacy campaigns by facilitating communications and project managing internal operations systems.
Support the management of budgets and operations systems, including a high volume of contracts, payments, and grants.
- Create or build upon simple, effective systems to communicate information to the Hub’s various teams, partners, and vendors.
- Build, sustain, and strengthen relationships with external stakeholders and local coalition partners.
- Support Campaign Department leadership with operational and other administrative tasks.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- You are team-oriented and well-organized.
- You are highly organized and flexible.
- You are an effective convener and communicator, with both excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- You have a penchant for problem solving and critical-thinking.
- You show initiative and are adaptable to changing requirements.
- You are comfortable collaborating with a team while taking ownership of your piece of a project.
- You are comfortable with fast paced work.
- You have a commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion values in all facets of your work
- You have 1-3 years of professional experience in advocacy, organizing or campaign related fields.
In addition, it would be a bonus if:
- You have a track record of managing up.
- You have been an organizer on electoral or issue campaigns.
Comprehensive benefits package that includes employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, 3% employer match on 401k contributions, pre-tax transportation benefits, and paid holidays, vacation, sick, and volunteer time off.
New Venture Fund Careers
The Hub Education and Engagement Fund is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The New Venture Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The New Venture Fund’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
About The Hub Project
The Hub Project builds coalitions and provides resources, capacity, infrastructure, and expertise to partners in the progressive movement. With experience in communications, digital, organizing, and research, we bring our skills to advocacy campaigns working to strengthen our democracy, protect access to health care, and ensure the economy works for everyone. We work closely with partners across the progressive movement to add value behind the scenes and propel campaigns across the finish line.
The Hub Project is made up of organizers, communicators, digital strategists, creatives, researchers, and operations professionals. We pull together coalitions and build winning grassroots campaigns from the ground up. We craft messages and creative that cut through the clutter online, on air, and in the press. And we do our research. We’re here to help campaigns and coalitions scale up, meet the moment, and do what needs to be done to win.