Location: Washington, D.C.
Status: Full-time; Exempt
Reports to: Digital Director
Salary Range: $62,000 – $65,000
We’re looking for an experienced Email & SMS Manager to join our digital team. You’ll own every aspect of our email and SMS programs — developing the strategy, segmentation, content, calendar, tracking performance, thinking through the most effective calls to action, and helping craft paid acquisition strategy. We’re a dynamic team within a collaborative organization that’s always ready to advocate for a more just and equal democracy for all. So, if you’re excited to take on new opportunities, to move people to action, and quickly respond to an ever-changing news cycle, we want to work with you.
● Manage overall email strategy for the Hub and our various programs; including calendaring, audience segmentation, landing pages, and calls to action for a number of sub-campaigns
● Manage SMS strategy — including broadcast and P2P — for the Hub and our various programs
● Draft email and SMS calendars and leverage email and SMS as tools during rapid response moments
● Oversee list maintenance and deliverability; managing external vendors and platforms as needed
● Manage and work closely with the Digital Associates to write and approve compelling email, SMS and landing page copy for various digital campaigns and projects, as well as collaborate on strategy
● Code and execute email messages to our various lists through Every Action and other platforms as needed
● Track email and SMS performance, craft analytics reports, and design testing strategies in order to optimize our programs
● Work with the rest of the digital team to develop and execute email and SMS acquisition efforts
● Manage outside vendors as needed for email and SMS management and acquisition
● Brainstorm tactics, creative, and campaigns around campaign goals
● Keep a pulse on the latest trends and best practices for email, SMS and digital writ large – and integrate them into our online organizing efforts
● Pitch in on other digital team and Hub-wide duties as needed
● You have 2-4 years of experience managing email programs and email strategy
● You have some experience writing for or managing SMS programs
● You’re an excellent writer, and love experimenting with tone, voice, and personality in your content
● You’re flexible, organized, and live for the details
● You have experience with Every Action and/or other email marketing platforms
● You follow the latest digital trends, track online campaign performance, and use your analytical brain to make content perform better
● You’re well-versed in email analytics and know what metrics to track and how to best use data to inform strategy
● You are comfortable taking on evolving responsibilities
In addition, it would be a bonus if:
● You have experience with SMS platforms, namely Mobile Commons (Upland)
● You’re well-versed in SMS analytics and know what metrics to track and how to best use data to inform strategy
● You have staff management experience
How to Apply
To begin the application process, please click here. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from The Hub. Thank you for your interest.
Comprehensive benefits package that includes employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, 3% employer match on 401k contributions, pre-tax transportation benefits, and paid holidays, vacation, sick, and volunteer time off.
New Venture Fund Careers
The Hub is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The New Venture Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The New Venture Fund’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org