Location: Washington, D.C.
Status: Full-time; Exempt
Reports to: Creative Director
Salary Range: $80,000 – $87,000
The Hub Project is looking for an experienced Associate Director of Creative to join our digital team. In this role, you’ll work closely with the Digital and Paid Media Teams to use research-based message frames and digital best practices to develop paid and organic content for a variety of platforms. This position includes both content execution (design) and management, including supervising in-house staffers, vendors and third party contractors, as well as creating compelling ads. We’re a dynamic team within a collaborative organization that’s always ready for the next fight, so this role is a great fit for someone who’s ready to leap into action and respond quickly to an ever-changing news cycle. This role reports to the Creative Director and sits on Team Creative, which is a part of The Hub’s Digital department.
As a Associate Director of Creative, you will:
- Manage flow of design and video needs, from request through approvals (sometimes on rapid timelines)
- Serve as Team Creative’s resident expert on executing and facilitating paid media requests for both video and graphic design content
- Recommend creative products and respond to pitches using organic and paid best practices
- Execute design work as necessary to meet deadlines and manage capacity across Team Creative
- Project manage contracting, scheduling, production, budgets, invoices, and content approval of digital videos and graphic design content produced in-house and by vendors or freelancers
- Coordinate with Paid team to conceptualize, design, and implement successful paid content across multiple platforms that raise awareness, persuade, and drive public response to specific topics/issues
- Oversee the execution of design requests and delivery for both paid and organic content
- Help optimize Team Creative’s operations and processes
- Work with finance team to process contracts and invoices
- Manage freelancers and vendors who support our design work across multiple campaigns
- Provide mentoring, feedback, and professional development to 1-2 direct reports
- Pitch in on other digital team and Hub-wide duties as needed
- You have 5-7 years of experience managing creative teams and producing digital content
- You’re experienced with Adobe Creative Suite, and have in-depth graphic design experience for political campaigns and/or for social media platforms
- You’re current on the latest digital and paid media trends and have an analytical curiosity about what makes successful content
- You’re an excellent writer who’s familiar with drafting scripts, creative briefs and treatments
- You have experience working across multiple teams developing creative, managing production and content delivery
- You’re familiar with the design specs and best practices of popular and emerging social media platforms
- Your are excited about experimenting with tone, voice and personality to reach targeted audiences with different content approaches
- You have excellent communication skills to lead teams, persuade key decision-makers to take recommended actions and build consensus with project leads on program deliverables
- You’re flexible, organized, and detail-oriented
- You are comfortable taking on evolving responsibilities
How to Apply
To begin the application process, click here. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from The Hub. Thank you for your interest.
Comprehensive benefits package that includes employer-paid health, dental, and vision insurance, 3% employer match on 401k contributions, pre-tax transportation benefits, and paid holidays, vacation, sick, and volunteer time off.
New Venture Fund Careers
The Hub Project is a project of Sixteen Thirty Fund, a 501(c)(4) non-profit organization. Our staff are shared employees with the Hub Education and Engagement Fund, a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The New Venture Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The New Venture Fund’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com