Location: Washington, DC
Status: Full-time; Exempt
Reports to: Digital Director
The Hub Project is looking to add a savvy, mission-driven Associate Director of Digital to our growing digital team. In this role, you will own and execute the digital strategy for advocacy campaigns focused on advancing progressive economic, democracy, and health care policy. The Associate Director of Digital will oversee the Hub’s owned social media channels, including social media strategy and tactics, and advancing how we approach and measure our work across these platforms. This role requires collaboration across the organization, including managing and mentoring members of the digital team, as well as working with members of the communication, policy, research, and campaign teams. We’re looking for someone who’s always scouting out new ways to reach constituents and brings fresh ideas, tools, and tactics to our digital campaigns.
In this position, you will:
- Lead the digital strategy for advocacy campaigns across platforms, coming up with innovative and new ways to reach our target audiences
- Manage and mentor a team of digital associates and managers to execute innovative, best-in-industry digital campaigns
- Oversee the growth, quality, reach, and engagement of our social media channels, setting and measuring success metrics
- Collaborate and coordinate with members across the organization, including policy and research, campaigns, and communications
- Keep a pulse on the latest trends, tools, and best practices for digital
- Collaborate with our creative team to produce graphics and video content for digital programs
- Manage relations with vendors, pushing our partners to get the best possible product
- Develop relationships with progressive social influencers to amplify key messages
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Passionate about progressive values
- Always looking for the latest trends in digital marketing
- Calm under pressure
- Able to quickly adapt to new technologies
- Experienced and proficient in managing competing projects deadlines
- Eager to think big and get creative!
- At least 4-5 years of relevant experience
- A proven track record using digital and social media to drive meaningful actions
- Experience overseeing large political or advocacy digital and social media campaigns
- Experience deploying content during rapid response scenarios
- A deep understanding of Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and other social platforms
- Familiarity with social media listening and analytics tools
- Experience managing staff, interns, and/or vendors
How to apply
To begin the application process, click here. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from The Hub. Thank you for your interest.
New Venture Fund Careers
The Hub is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The New Venture Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The New Venture Fund’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.