Reports to: Director, Paid Media
Launched in 2016, The Hub is a nonprofit effort comprised of a growing team of communications, research, operations, and organizing experts who have extensive experience in campaign strategy, digital, and polling and analytics. We believe in a country where everyone has the opportunity to succeed in our economy and participate in our democracy, and we make that vision a reality by partnering with advocacy groups – bringing surge capacity and coordination to build innovative and effective campaigns.
The Hub Project is looking to add a savvy, mission-driven Associate Director of Paid Media to our growing Paid Media team. The Associate Director of Paid Media will work with The Hub’s paid media team and the Digital and Campaigns departments to develop innovative, strategic, and effective integrated paid media programs on a range of progressive issues. In this role, you will be responsible to help lead our paid media work across Hub Project campaigns, including working with the digital content and creative teams to integrate our paid and organic social media efforts, using analytics tools to optimize our paid programs and apply learnings across campaigns, and serve as the point of contact with external media vendors. We’re a fast-moving place that’s always ready to jump into the next fight, so the right person for the job is not afraid of taking on new opportunities to move people to action and quickly responding to an ever-changing news cycle, while keeping all the pieces organized.
As Associate Director of Paid Media, you’ll:
- Lead paid media strategy and development for advocacy campaigns.
- Manage external paid media vendors and consultants (such as TV, radio, direct mail, digital, micro-influencers, etc.) to design and execute successful, integrated paid media campaigns across media channels.
- Run and streamline our vendor RFP process, including recruiting new and diverse vendors to ensure we’re communicating authentically with a wide range of constituencies and pushing the envelope tactically and creatively.
- Design ways to measure the effectiveness of our paid programs and consider ways to employ other in-platform tactics and creative pre-testing tools to ensure program success.
- Lead and develop The Hub’s point of view on paid media, including helping train and elevate our internal expertise on paid programs and advising internal project teams on long-term paid media strategy and execution.
- Collaborate with internal campaign and data teams, polling firms, and external partners to build audience segments for ads targeting.
- Identify moments (including rapid response) where paid media would be an effective tactic and help design and launch new programs as appropriate.
- Analyze and track paid media performance and create reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Keep a pulse on the latest trends and best practices for paid media and find innovative ways to integrate them into our campaigns.
- Manage and train junior members of the paid media team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- You are committed to a just and inclusive economy that delivers opportunity and dignity to all Americans and passionate about reforming and strengthening our democracy.
- You have experience working directly with people from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- You have experience incorporating the perspectives of multiple communities, specifically marginalized communities, in considering the impact and outcomes of decision-making.
- You thrive in a fast-paced work environment and enjoy managing complex projects with many stakeholders and moving pieces and are able to creatively distill and organize feedback to achieve our overarching goals.
- You have 2-3 cycles of experience with media buying — either from the traditional TV and radio side, and/or with digital self-serve platforms.
- You are a creative problem-solver, organized, and live for the details and a good spreadsheet.
- You are passionate about following the latest ad trends, tracking campaign performance, and using your analytical brain to make our ads better.
- You have a sense of humor and are comfortable taking on evolving responsibilities.
How to Apply
To begin the application process, click here. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from The Hub. Thank you for your interest.
New Venture Fund Careers
The Hub is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The New Venture Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The New Venture Fund’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.