Reports to: Campaign Director, Campaigns
Launched in 2016, The Hub Project is made up of a growing team of communications, research, and organizing experts who have extensive experience in campaign strategy, digital, and polling and analytics. We believe in a country where everyone has the opportunity to succeed in our economy and participate in our democracy, and we make that vision a reality by partnering with advocacy groups – bringing surge capacity and coordination to build innovative and effective campaigns.
The Hub has an immediate opening for a Campaign Associate. The Campaign Associate will drive and support activities on our key campaigns, including working on issue advocacy campaigns in key states. A successful Campaign Associate will be team-oriented and well-organized with previous organizing experience on either a campaign or at an advocacy organization.
As a Campaign Associate, you will:
- Work with external stakeholders, grantees, and consultants to conduct issue advocacy campaigns.
- Manage budgets and operations systems, including a high volume of contracts, payments, and grants.
- Create simple, effective systems to communicate information and as tools for others.
- Work closely with senior staff to manage their calendars and ensure that they are prepared for their busiest days.
- Effectively organize information and communicate to The Hub’s various teams, partners, and vendors.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- You are committed to a just and inclusive economy that delivers opportunity and dignity to all Americans and passionate about preserving and strengthening our democracy.
- You have experience working directly with people from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- You are an experienced organizer on electoral or issue campaigns.
- You have experience incorporating the perspectives of multiple communities, specifically marginalized communities, in considering the impact and outcomes of decision-making.
- You are highly organized and flexible.
- You an effective convener and communicator.
- You have a penchant for problem solving and thinking on your feet.
- You have a track record of managing up.
- You are eager to dive in and tackle whatever obstacle crosses your path.
- You are comfortable collaborating with a team while taking ownership of your piece of a project.
- You have a talent for working with partner organizations and forming meaningful organizational collaboration.
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit.
How to Apply
To begin the application process, click here. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from The Hub. Thank you for your interest.
New Venture Fund Careers
The Hub is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The New Venture Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The New Venture Fund’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.