Reports To: Chief Operating Officer and Legal Director
Status: Full time; Exempt
Location: Washington, DC
Launched in 2016, The Hub is a nonprofit effort made up of a growing team of communications, research, and organizing experts who have extensive experience in campaign strategy, digital, and polling and analytics. We believe in a country where everyone has the opportunity to succeed in our economy and participate in our democracy, and we make that vision a reality by partnering with advocacy groups – bringing surge capacity and coordination to build innovative and effective campaigns.
The Director of Finance will be an integral member of the senior leadership team and is a senior position with responsibilities for ensuring the integrity of financial and accounting information across the organization. This position will be responsible for ensuring compliance with policies and procedures as advised under fiscal sponsorship and overseeing the coordination of all development activities and financial systems and transactions. As Director of Finance, you will serve as the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for non-profit fiscal management and development.
As Director of Finance, you will:
- Analyze, collaborate, and problem-solve with the executive and campaign teams to provide strategic leadership while managing day-to-day activities of finance and accounting departments and motivating/training colleagues to achieve operational excellence.
- Drive budgeting and financial management, strategic planning, and forecasting; compile fiscal estimates and prepare financial reports as needed.
- Maintain full integrity of all revenues, developing and integrating organization policies and procedures that promote efficacy and accountability.
- Conduct analysis to forecast department/campaign budgets, monitor cash flow, and review procedures to eliminate inefficiencies, ensure appropriate internal controls and provide recommendations to management.
- Manage day to day operations of accounting and budgeting workstreams, oversee preparation of month-end closing and ensure accurate and timely reports for the senior management teams.
- Oversee the planning, organizing, and strategizing of all development and resource mobilization workstreams including, major gifts, annual fund, and planned giving.
- Work closely with the Executive Director, COO, and Board to report on all budget matters and maintain the integrity of senior management decisions in the budgets
- You are committed to a just and inclusive economy that delivers opportunity and dignity to all Americans and passionate about preserving and strengthening our democracy.
- You possess strong systems thinking abilities and experience in working with financial accounting systems and with Excel.
- You have working knowledge of applicable financial practices and procedures for both c3 and c4 organizations and are proficient with accounting software and standard office and accounting equipment.
- You have experience working directly with people from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- You have experience incorporating the perspectives of multiple communities, specifically marginalized communities, in considering the impact and outcomes of decision-making.
- You are an excellent verbal and written communicator.
- You have excellent managerial skills and ability to evaluate the work of others.
- You are highly organized, flexible, and able to effectively multitask priorities across a variety of workstreams
- You are a strong problem solver and project manager
- You have a track record of managing up and fostering deep interpersonal relationships
- You are comfortable collaborating with a team, while also having the ability to drive work independently
- You are able to maintain discretion and confidentiality with information and in handling relationships
How to apply
To begin the application process, click here. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from The Hub. Thank you for your interest.
New Venture Fund Careers
The Hub is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The New Venture Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The New Venture Fund’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.