Reports to: Creative Director
Launched in 2016, The Hub Project is a nonprofit effort comprised of a growing team of communications, research, operations, and organizing experts who have extensive experience in campaign strategy, digital, and polling and analytics. We believe in a country where everyone has the opportunity to succeed in our economy and participate in our democracy, and we make that vision a reality by partnering with advocacy groups – bringing surge capacity and coordination to build innovative and effective campaigns.
The Hub is hiring a Stories Senior Associate to produce and curate personal stories for multiple campaigns covering healthcare, taxes, and democracy. This position is focused on finding people with compelling stories, developing relationships, maintaining a database of those storytellers, and helping them to share their story. This role sits on our Digital team, but will coordinate across all departments at The Hub, notably our communications and campaign teams. The Stories Senior Associate will work with teams to distribute the content on social media platforms and recorded remotely for an organic feel using zoom, skype and mobile phones.
As the Stories Senior Associate, you are responsible for:
● Find new storytellers and cultivating relationships with those people, and ensuring we have a diverse set of storytellers
● Maintain relationships with existing storytellers to encourage them to continue to engage with our campaigns
● Work with multiple campaigns to identify casting needs for paid and organic content
● Maintain and organize a database of storytellers, tracking contact info, story details, and how storytellers like to engage. This also includes cataloging content from past campaigns into a central database.
● Create and implement strategies to nurture and maintain relationships with storytellers
● Find and cast storytellers for rapid response moments
● Pitch dynamic storytellers that align with or campaign messaging
● Schedule and coordinate Zoom interviews with storytellers
○ Craft interview questions
○ Provide guidance and support for self-tapping
○ Manage and organize media assets and trackers
● Work with the video production to support cutting together of content for digital distribution
● Building and maintaining relationships with partner organizations to aid in storyteller recruitment and sharing
● Other relevant duties as assigned
● You have experience recruiting and building relationships with storytellers for production/casting, and have ideas about new ways to find storytellers in this COVID landscape
● You are experienced writing questions, drafting treatments, conducting interviews, writing scripts and recording interviews
● You have experience working directly with people from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds
● You have experience incorporating the perspectives of multiple communities, specifically marginalized communities, in considering the impact and outcomes of decision-making
● You are an excellent verbal and written communicator and have the ability to present to diverse audiences
● You’re organized and have experience tracking databases
● You have strong digital organizing skills
● You are comfortable talking with people and enjoy helping others tell their own stories
● You have a sense of humor, adventurous spirit, and an openness to evolving responsibilities
In addition, it would be a bonus if:
● You have experience creating digital video content
● You have experience producing and editing interviews
● You have experience working with social media channels
● You have prior experience working on a campaign or with an advocacy organization
● You have experience interviewing, recording, and scripting stories
How to Apply
To begin the application process, click here. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from The Hub. Thank you for your interest.
New Venture Fund Careers
The Hub is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The New Venture Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The New Venture Fund’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.