Reports To: Director, Talent & Operations
Status: Full time; Exempt
Location: Washington, DC
Launched in 2016, The Hub is a nonprofit effort made up of a growing team of communications, research, and organizing experts who have extensive experience in campaign strategy, digital, and polling and analytics. We believe in a country where everyone has the opportunity to succeed in our economy and participate in our democracy, and we make that vision a reality by partnering with advocacy groups – bringing surge capacity and coordination to build innovative and effective campaigns.
The Special Assistant & Operations Associate will be a critical member of our operations and program teams. They will be responsible for providing overall administrative support to at least two Managing Directors (MDs), ensuring that our MDs are fully prepared with materials, agendas, and background information each day, as well as assisting with special projects across multiple department teams. This person will also play a central role on an 8-member operations team – responsible for owning several work streams, helping to keep the trains running on time, and ensuring that our teams have the information they need to run winning campaigns.
As a Special Assistant & Operations Associate you will:
- Work in partnership with executive leaders to manage calendars, activities, and various special assignments to ensure they are prepared for their busiest of days
- Acts as a Hub agent to coordinate events and meetings with partner organizations, independent consultants, and key individuals.
- Monitor and assist with the development of intra- and inter-department communication, especially as it relates to operations
- Manage expenses and procurement for members of the executive and operations teams
- Support with planning and managing small to large scale projects and events related to employee record keeping, training coordination, timekeeping, employee onboarding, and other HR related inquires or requests
- Own office management work streams like supply management, office atmospherics (both physical and virtual), grant processing and more
- You are highly organized, flexible, and able to effectively multitask priorities across a variety of work streams
- You are an excellent verbal and written communicator
- You are eager to dive in and tackle whatever obstacles cross your path
- You are a strong problem solver and project manager
- You have a track record of managing up and fostering deep interpersonal relationships
- You are comfortable collaborating with a team, while also having the ability to drive work independently
- You are proficient in Microsoft Office and GSuite applications
- You are able to maintain discretion and confidentiality with information and in handling relationships
- You have an entrepreneurial spirit and the ability to take initiative
How to apply
To begin the application process, click here. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from The Hub. Thank you for your interest.
New Venture Fund Careers
The Hub is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The New Venture Fund is committed to attracting, developing, and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The New Venture Fund’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.