Reports to: Associate Director, Creative
Status: Temp; Exempt
Launched in 2016, The Hub Project is a nonprofit effort comprised of a growing team of communications, research, operations, and organizing experts who have extensive experience in campaign strategy, digital, and polling and analytics. We believe in a country where everyone has the opportunity to succeed in our economy and participate in our democracy, and we make that vision a reality by partnering with advocacy groups—bringing surge capacity and coordination to build innovative and effective campaigns.
The Creative Associate will bring additional energy and support to The Hub Project’s Creative Team in a temporary role for the next four months through January 31, 2021. The Creative Associate will work closely with The Hub’s various campaigns and initiatives to produce compelling print and digital designs assets, as well as rapid response video clips. We’re looking for someone who gets excited about the latest trends in design and video; understands what kind of content performs well online; enjoys exploring typography, color, and composition; maintains high standards for quality; and is a master at creating eye-catching visual designs. The ideal candidate won’t be afraid to jump into our fast-moving campaigns and respond quickly to breaking news.
As the Creative Associate, you are responsible for:
● Work in collaboration with Team Creative to design successful and compelling digital campaign assets across multiple platforms
● Quickly mobilize around rapid response moments to create design assets or video assets
● Help cut and produce rapid-response videos for a wide range of campaigns to meet the moment and elevate key messages in the news cycle, including clipping from TV and pulling archival video
● Support additional design needs across the organization, including reports, funding documents, and presentations
● Brainstorm innovative creative approaches to reach different audiences
● Perform other duties as assigned
● You are committed to a just and inclusive economy that delivers opportunity and dignity to all Americans and passionate about preserving and strengthening our democracy.
● You have experience working directly with people from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
● You’re a designer who loves experimenting with style, tone, color, and fonts
● You have basic experience with video and aren’t afraid to bridge design and video
● You’ve got a sense of humor and are comfortable taking on evolving responsibilities
● You’re organized, detail-oriented, and analytical even in a fast-paced work environment
● You’re adept with Adobe Creative Cloud programs including Photoshop, InDesign, and Premiere Pro
● You’re good in rapid response and calm under pressure
In addition, it would be a bonus if:
● You’ve dabbled in animation, web design, and interactive design
● You have experience designing for new brands or entities
● You’ve spent time before on Adobe Illustrator
How to Apply
To begin the application process, click here. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled. Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from The Hub. Thank you for your interest.
New Venture Fund Careers
The Hub is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The New Venture Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The New Venture Fund’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.