The Project Payroll & Benefits Senior Manager (PPB Senior Manager) is a full time position for an experienced project and people manager who loves administration, data and technology.
Location: This is a fully remote position for anyone based in the US with the exception of the following states: Alabama, Hawaii, Idaho, Kansas, Missouri, Montana, North Dakota, Ohio, South Dakota, Utah, and West Virginia.
- Hire and manage a team of full-time administrative staff and admin managers who will be responsible for onboarding, off-boarding, payroll and benefits administration
- Work with Operations Departments to determine expected workload needs. Hire and train new administrators as necessary.
- Develop and facilitate new staff trainings for your team
- Develop and execute weekly meetings and training focused on skills, approaches and best practices relevant to each stage of the projects.
- Maintain high performance standards and provide ongoing feedback and evaluation to your staff.
- Hold staff accountable and have tough conversations when necessary; coach the managers you supervise to do the same with their staff
- Treat staff with empathy and respect and ensure the managers you supervise do the same.
- Build and maintain a team culture that centers equity and justice.
Administration, Data & Tech
- Ensure your team onboards new hires with urgency, efficiency, and accuracy
- Oversee the bi-weekly payroll process for Project Payroll & Benefits Administrators (PBAs), ensuring that all canvass and QC caller paysheets are approved, uploaded into ADP, reviewed, and that pay and tax information in ADP is accurate.
- Ensure your team establishes positive relationships and regular communication with project leadership to ensure the administrative functions of the project are running smoothly
- Work with your team to ensure that project leadership receive data entry and payroll training
- Ensure your team conducts daily checks to confirm data has been logged correctly
- At least five years of staff management experience, especially in campaigns, canvass operations, or field organizing
- Fluency in G Suite, particularly Google Sheets
- Have a Project Manager/ Administrative mindset — meaning you are organized, responsive, know how to create a thoughtful and thorough plan, and hit the deadlines you’ve outlined
- Extremely detail-oriented: you catch small and large errors that most people miss
- ADP experience preferred but not required.
- Demonstrated experience centering equity and justice in your work
Salary: This is a salaried position with a range of $70,600-$82,000 per year depending on experience. We offer benefits including fully paid health care, vacation and sick days.
Equity: If you are interested in this position but don’t think you qualify for everything, please don’t let that stop you from applying! At The Outreach Team, we prioritize equity and inclusion and believe our work is better when it benefits from the knowledge, experience, and wisdom of people who have faced systemic barriers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage Black, indigenous, people of color, women, people with previous felony convictions, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and others who identify with underrepresented groups to apply.
About The Outreach Team
Who We Are
The Outreach Team is the national engine of campaigners and organizers powering the progressive movement. With an on-the-ground presence in communities all across the country, our world-class team runs successful civic engagement campaigns on behalf of progressive organizations and campaigns—to build a future that’s fairer, greener, safer and more peaceful for everyone.
Our client list includes organizations like Democratic National Committee, Black Progressive Action Coalition, Everytown for Gun Safety Action Fund, Climate Action Campaign, Planned Parenthood, Democratic Senate Campaign Committee, For our Future, Solar Rights Alliance, The United Food and Commercial Workers International Union, and more.