We are currently seeking Canvass Directors to join us on an important and exciting campaign to provide the strategic field operation necessary to win this fall. We are hiring for multiple Lead Director and Deputy Director positions.
There is so much at stake in this election. We want to change the world to make it fairer, greener, safer, and more peaceful. Right now we are partnering with Family Friendly Action Fund to get out the vote in critical battleground states. Family Friendly Action Fund is fighting to expand Medicare and support a living wage, reducing tax burdens on hard-working Americans, and protecting communities from health crises. We will be going door-to-door to mobilize voters and make sure they get to the polls and cast their votes for candidates who support fair and just economic policy this fall. The canvassing team provides information on how to vote by mail, vote early/absentee, as well as how to vote on Election Day.
Canvass Directors will recruit, train, and manage a team of local canvassers to go door-to-door in strategic locations and speak with voters about their voting plans. Additionally, the Lead Campaign Director will manage a team of one or more Deputy Directors, and will be responsible for building an office to scale from the ground up. This position reports to the Project Director.
COVID-19 has altered the political landscape, but one thing remains the same – we will need to have in-person conversations with people to get out the vote. Thankfully, we can do this with low risk. We will provide PPE and substantial health and safety training, and we have developed a canvassing protocol that will allow us to do this critical work while keeping our staff and the people in our communities safe.
We are hiring immediately. This position runs through November 3, with opportunities to extend through the Election and beyond.
Locations: Multiple Locations Nationwide including Appleton, Beloit, Green Bay, and Waukesha, Wisconsin. Relocation assistance available. Short-term travel may be required.
Canvass Management Responsibilities:
- Work with a voter targeting list to build walk lists and train others to do so
- Collaborate with our recruitment team to identify and hire members of the community to work as canvassers who will make contact with targeted voters to speak with them about the upcoming election
- Manage a team of 20-70 canvassers, setting and driving goals along the way
- Implement health and safety protocol, including ensuring adequate PPE for all staff and compliance with daily health and safety guidelines
- Knock doors several days a week yourself to train staff and help drive office goals by having effective conversations with voters
- Administrative duties, including working with the HR Director on payroll, onboarding and offboarding staff, and compliance
- Leadership experience, ability to motivate, grow, and manage a large team
- Prior experience running a canvassing operation is preferred. We will consider candidates with comparable management experience.
- Ability to work long hours, including evenings and weekends
- Familiarity with VAN a plus
- Extreme attention to detail and a proven ability to instill that quality in others
- Self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong passion for community organizing and fostering civic engagement
Salary: The salary range for this position is $1,200-$1,500 per week. We offer a generous benefits package, including paid vacation and sick leave, health insurance, and hands-on training. At the end of the campaign, there may be opportunities for advancement and bonuses.
At The Outreach Team, we prioritize equity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage Black, indigenous, people of color, women, people with previous felony convictions, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and others who identify with underrepresented groups to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
About The Outreach Team
The Outreach Team’s mission is to mobilize progressive voters to get to the polls in the 2020 election using door-to-door canvassing.