The Outreach Team is a field firm specializing in face-to-face canvassing operations. We fuel the nation’s leading progressive groups to raise money, and impact critical elections.
We are currently seeking Field Directors to join us on an important and exciting campaign. We are hiring for multiple Lead Director and Deputy Director positions.
Field Directors will recruit, train, and manage a team of local canvassers. Additionally, the Lead Campaign Director will manage a team of one or more Deputy Directors, and will be responsible for building an office to scale from the ground up. This position reports to the Project Director.
COVID-19 has altered the political landscape, but one thing remains the same – we will need to have in-person conversations with people to create meaningful change. Thankfully, we can do this in a way that is low risk. We will provide PPE and substantial health and safety training, we will work outside, and we will all follow the canvassing protocols that will allow us to do this critical work while keeping ourselves and everyone else in our communities safe.
We are hiring immediately.
Locations: Phoenix (Greater Area) and Yuma, AZ. Strong preference for in-state candidates, short-term travel may be required.
Canvass Management Responsibilities:
- Work with our recruitment team to find and hire members of the community to work as canvassers and assist people in carefully and correctly filling out the campaign goals.
- Manage a team of canvassers, setting and driving goals along the way
- Implement safety protocol, including ensuring adequate PPE for all staff and compliance with daily health and safety guidelines
- Familiarize yourself with state laws and statutes, and train your staff to comply with all applicable legal requirements and processes for campaign work.
- Build a database of successful locations for registering voters that focuses on engaging people of color and other underrepresented communities.
- Coordinate canvassing sites for your staff, and work with partner groups to avoid overlapping efforts in the field.
- Go out in the field yourself several days per week to canvass, train staff, and help drive office goals.
- Administrative duties, including working with the HR Director on payroll, onboarding and offboarding staff, and compliance.
- Strong management skills, including the ability to motivate and inspire a team while also holding staff accountable to goals and expectations
- Can speak compellingly about campaign issues and strategy
- Approachable; willing and able to listen to staff and solve problems
- Committed to racial and gender equity
- Strong work ethic; able to persevere in the face of challenges and setbacks
- Flexible; ready for the unexpected and willing to adapt to last minute changes
- Eager to learn and open to feedback
- Basic computer competency
- Community or issue-based campaign experience
- Experience running paid canvasses or managing paid employees
- Passion for social change and activism
- Team building ability
- Attention to detail
- A track record of success meeting or exceeding goals
- Experience working in underserved or marginalized communities
- Facilitation experience
- Local knowledge/experience
- Salary: The salary range for this position is $1050 – $1250 per week. We offer a generous benefits package, including paid vacation and sick leave, health insurance, and hands-on training. At the end of the campaign, there may be opportunities for advancement and bonuses.
At The Outreach Team, we prioritize equity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage Black, indigenous, people of color, women, people with previous felony convictions, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and others who identify with underrepresented groups to apply.
To Apply Visit: https://theoutreachteam.applytojob.com/apply/dxRr7jJoC7/Field-Director-Arizona?source=Movement+Builders