The Outreach Team is an organizing team that partners with good groups to do great things. We are excited to be working with Climate Action Campaign on a campaign to recruit small business owners to take action on climate change.
With increasing threats to our environment, we need to mobilize people to take immediate action and demand solutions. The Campaign Organizer will build a small team of trained activists who are ready to educate and activate small business owners to push elected officials to support strong commonsense climate legislation and environmental protections. The Campaign Organizer will recruit a few volunteers and ask them to join us to visit “Main Street” businesses in key cities and towns to ask business owners to pledge support for climate solutions. The organizer will also recruit and train business owners to share their support on social media and through Letters to the Editor.
Timeline and Location: We are hiring five organizers for this position beginning July 6th, 2021 and continuing through September 3rd, 2021. Organizers must be based in or near: Eugene Oregon, Bangor Maine, LaCrosse Wisconsin, Lehigh Valley Pennsylvania, or Scranton Pennsylvania.
Recruiting Activists and Businesses
- Recruit a few volunteers from your personal network, by activating listservs, and/or from local campuses
- Recruit activists to attend business canvasses
- Canvass and call local businesses 5 days per week
- Recruit business owners to sign on in support of the campaign, place signs in their windows, and take selfies to share on social media
- Recruit business owners to share their support on social media
- Train business owners to write LTEs and to speak at press events
- Plan and execute a media event to demonstrate business support
Data Management and Reporting
- Track every interaction with every volunteer, business owner, and members of Congress, and their staff
- Gather and upload photos and videos from business owners daily
- Report numbers daily and write detailed reports weekly on the results of the campaign
- Ensure that member data is kept secure and that data entry is done with all due care and attention
- Experience in field and volunteer organizing either on advocacy or electoral campaigns strongly recommended. Canvass experience preferred.
- You must have a car and be willing to drive regularly
- Demonstrated experience recruiting and training volunteers
- Strong writing skills
- Experience running social media channels or creating social media posts strongly preferred
- Track-record of effective work in coalitions and with VIPs
- Self-starter and excellent problem-solving skills
- Personally organized
- Passion for solving climate change and other environmental issues Willingness to work evenings and weekends
- Experience working with Action Builder, VAN, or other comparable data management tools is preferred
The salary for this position is $50,000-$59,000, depending on experience. We offer a generous benefits package, including unlimited paid vacation and sick leave, free health insurance, and a monthly cell phone stipend. At the end of the campaign, there may be opportunities for advancement.
At The Outreach Team we believe deeply that equity and inclusion in our organization makes us better at our work and helps to build a stronger progressive movement. We are an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community and people who identify with other underrepresented groups to apply.
Please note: We want to hire people of all gender identities. This hiring platform (JazzHR) does not allow us to add in specific options for gender identities outside of the binary, but we are currently working with them to find a solution.
About The Outreach Team
The Outreach Team is a field firm specializing in face-to-face canvassing operations. We fuel the nation's leading progressive groups to raise money, and impact critical elections.