It is critical that we maintain the Democratic majority in Congress. We are urgently hiring canvassers to register new voters in key districts to maintain a Democratic majority after the 2022 midterm elections. During this campaign, we will be focusing on registering underrepresented and marginalized voters. Now more than ever, it is crucial that we work to expand voting rights, increase voter turnout, and ensure that the electorate accurately reflects the true makeup of America.
Get paid well! Canvass positions start at $20/hour. Leadership positions start at $22/hour. We offer overtime pay, driver bonuses, shift bonuses, paid training, sick pay, and bonuses for friend referrals.
Stay Safe! We have strict health and safety protocols that include a contactless approach to campaign work. We provide all of the training and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) you will need.
Locations: Milwaukee, WI | Madison, WI | Racine, WI | Green Bay, WI
We are hiring immediately for Full-time and Part-Time positions!
Canvasser Responsibilities ($20/hr):
- Engage with the public in a friendly and respectful manner
- Deliver a compelling campaign message, and collect complete survey answers from voters
- Participate in staff training to improve outreach skills
- Strictly follow the campaign’s safety protocols, including the use of PPE and compliance with daily health and safety guidelines
Team Leader Responsibilities ($22/hr):
The Canvasser Responsibilities plus:
- Manage a small group of canvassers out in the field by checking in with them periodically throughout the day and debriefing with them at the end of the day
- Ensure each canvasser has all of the materials they need to be safe and successful
- Assist directors with canvasser training and administrative work
The ideal candidate:
- Passionate about progressive politics and fostering democracy
- Strong communication skills; you should enjoy working with other people and be willing and excited to speak with everyone
- Hard worker who will stay motivated to engage as many people as possible
- Open to new challenges and are interested in building their campaign skills
- Culturally competent and able to respectfully engage with teammates and the community
Prior canvassing experience is not required.
Pay: $20/hr for canvassers and $22/hr for Team Leaders. We offer driver bonuses, paid training, sick pay, and bonuses for friend referrals. All full-time staff have the option to opt into our company healthcare plan.
We are committed to equity, inclusion, and anti-racism. We are an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage Black, indigenous, people of color, women, people with previous felony convictions, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and others who identify with underrepresented groups to apply.
About The Outreach Team
Who We Are: The Outreach Team is the national engine of campaigners and organizers powering the progressive movement. With an on-the-ground presence in communities all across the country, our world-class team runs successful civic engagement campaigns on behalf of progressive organizations and campaigns—to build a future that’s fairer, greener, safer and more peaceful for everyone. We are excited to be working with Planned Parenthood on a campaign to help fight back and protect access to reproductive care in Pennsylvania.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage Black, indigenous, people of color, women, people with previous felony convictions, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and others who identify with underrepresented groups to apply.
Our client list includes organizations like Democratic National Committee, Black Progressive Action Coalition, Everytown for Gun Safety Action Fund, Climate Action Campaign, Planned Parenthood, Democratic Senate Campaign Committee, For our Future, Solar Rights Alliance, The United Food and Commercial Workers International Union, and more.