Help us strengthen our Black Communities! Black 2 The Future (B2F) is a think tank / act tank that works to make Black communities powerful in politics. Black to the Future builds the capacity to design, win, and implement changes to the problems black communities face. They expand and protect democracy, and fight for democracy to work for black communities. The upcoming midterm elections will be crucial for Black communities and Black 2 The Future will be working with The Outreach Team to mobilize voters and get out the vote this Fall.
Get paid well! Canvass positions start at a $22/hour base pay. Leadership positions earn up to $24/hour. In addition, we offer overtime pay, shift bonuses, paid training, sick pay, and bonuses for friend referrals.
Locations: California – Los Angeles | North Carolina – Charlotte, Raleigh and Greensboro | Wisconsin – Madison, Milwaukee
We are hiring immediately, all positions are through the mid Nov 2022. Shifts run from 11:15am- 6:30pm Tuesday- Sunday with the possibility to work part-time or full-time.
Canvasser Responsibilities ($22/hr):
- Engage with the public in a friendly and professional manner
- Deliver a captivating presentation and compel citizens to register to vote
- Participate in staff trainings to improve outreach skills
- Strictly follow the campaign’s safety protocols, including the use of PPE and compliance with daily health and safety guidelines
Team Leader Responsibilities ($24/hr):
The Canvasser Responsibilities plus:
- Manage a small group of canvassers out in the field by checking in with them periodically throughout the day and debriefing with them at the end of the day
- Ensure each canvasser has all of the materials they need to be safe and successful
- Assist directors with canvasser training and administrative work
The ideal candidate:
- Passionate about progressive politics and fostering democracy
- Strong communication skills; you should enjoy working with other people and be willing and excited to speak with everyone
- Hard worker who will stay motivated to engage as many people as possible
- Open to new challenges and are interested in building their campaign skills
- Culturally competent and able to respectfully engage with teammates and the community
Prior voter registration experience is a plus but not required.
Pay: $22/hr for canvassers and $24hr for Team Leaders. We offer shift bonuses, paid training, sick pay, and bonuses for friend referrals.
We are committed to equity, inclusion, and anti-racism. We are an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage Black, indigenous, people of color, women, people with previous felony convictions, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and others who identify with underrepresented groups to apply.
About The Outreach Team
Who We Are: The Outreach Team is the national engine of campaigners and organizers powering the progressive movement. With an on-the-ground presence in communities all across the country, our world-class team runs successful civic engagement campaigns on behalf of progressive organizations and campaigns—to build a future that’s fairer, greener, safer and more peaceful for everyone. We are excited to be working with Planned Parenthood on a campaign to help fight back and protect access to reproductive care in Pennsylvania.