Stand up for reproductive rights during this critical election season! Reproductive rights are under attack. The Supreme Court has decided to overturn Roe v. Wade, putting abortion access at risk across the nation. People should decide what is best for themselves and their families, not the courts and lawmakers. This is why we’re working with Planned Parenthood Advocates of Wisconsin to mobilize voters and ensure a democratic majority coming out of the midterm election.
This role is a great opportunity to gain experience in the following areas: Leadership, Communication & Advocacy, Community Outreach & Engagement, Campaign Work, and Public Policy.
Get paid well! Canvass positions start at $20/hour. Leadership positions start at $22/hour. We offer overtime pay, driver bonuses, paid training, sick pay, and bonuses for friend referrals.
Stay Safe! We have strict health and safety protocols that include a contactless approach to campaign work. We provide all of the training and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) you will need.
Location: Milwaukee, WI
We are hiring immediately, all positions run through Election Day with possibilities for advancement afterwards. Shifts run from 12:00 – 8:00pm, Tuesday – Sunday.
Canvasser Responsibilities ($20/hr):
- Engage with the public in a friendly and respectful manner
- Deliver a compelling campaign message, and collect complete survey answers from voters
- Participate in staff training to improve outreach skills
- Strictly follow the campaign’s safety protocols, including the use of PPE and compliance with daily health and safety guidelines
Team Leader Responsibilities ($22/hr):
The Canvasser Responsibilities plus:
- Manage a small group of canvassers out in the field by checking in with them periodically throughout the day and debriefing with them at the end of the day
- Ensure each canvasser has all of the materials they need to be safe and successful
- Assist directors with canvasser training and administrative work
The ideal candidate:
- Passionate about progressive politics and fostering democracy
- Strong communication skills; you should enjoy working with other people and be willing and excited to speak with everyone
- Hard worker who will stay motivated to engage as many people as possible
- Open to new challenges and are interested in building their campaign skills
- Culturally competent and able to respectfully engage with teammates and the community
Prior canvassing experience is not required.
We are committed to equity, inclusion, and anti-racism. We are an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage Black, indigenous, people of color, women, people with previous felony convictions, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and others who identify with underrepresented groups to apply.
About The Outreach Team