Apply here: https://www.theoutreachteam.net/interest-form-tot
Make an Impact during this critical election season. We are partnering with North Star Prosperity as part of a large, multi-state study about how to most effectively mobilize voters. This November, it is imperative that we get as many people to the polls as possible. While we work to mobilize voters, we will be conducting research into the most effective methods of voter engagement.
This role is a great opportunity to gain experience in the following areas: Leadership, Communication & Advocacy, Community Outreach & Engagement, Campaign Work, and Public Policy.
Get paid well! Canvass positions start at $22/hour. Leadership positions start at $24/hour. We offer overtime pay, driver bonuses, paid training, sick pay, and bonuses for friend referrals. Staff who start in August and work at least 8 shifts will earn an additional $500 sign-on bonus.
Stay Safe! We have strict health and safety protocols that include a vaccine policy and a contactless approach to campaign work. We provide all of the training and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) you will need.
We are hiring immediately, all positions run through Election Day with possibilities for advancement afterwards. Shifts run from 1:30-9:30pm weekdays and weekends with the possibility to work part-time or full-time
Canvasser Responsibilities ($22/hr):
- Engage with the public in a friendly and respectful manner
- Deliver a compelling campaign message, and collect complete survey answers from voters
- Participate in staff training to improve outreach skills
- Strictly follow the campaign’s safety protocols, including the use of PPE and compliance with daily health and safety guidelines
Team Leader Responsibilities ($24/hr):
The Canvasser Responsibilities plus:
- Manage a small group of canvassers out in the field by checking in with them periodically throughout the day and debriefing with them at the end of the day
- Ensure each canvasser has all of the materials they need to be safe and successful
- Assist directors with canvasser training and administrative work
The ideal candidate:
- Passionate about progressive politics and fostering democracy
- Strong communication skills; you should enjoy working with other people and be willing and excited to speak with everyone
- Hard worker who will stay motivated to engage as many people as possible
- Open to new challenges and are interested in building their campaign skills
- Culturally competent and able to respectfully engage with teammates and the community
Prior canvassing experience is not required.
Pay: $22/hr for canvassers and $24/hr for Team Leaders. We offer driver bonuses, paid training, sick pay, and bonuses for friend referrals. All full-time staff have the option to opt into our company healthcare plan.
Apply here: https://www.theoutreachteam.net/apply-hourly
We are committed to equity, inclusion, and anti-racism. We are an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage Black, indigenous, people of color, women, people with previous felony convictions, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and others who identify with underrepresented groups to apply.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
About The Outreach Team
Who We Are: The Outreach Team is the national engine of campaigners and organizers powering the progressive movement. With an on-the-ground presence in communities all across the country, our world-class team runs successful civic engagement campaigns on behalf of progressive organizations and campaigns—to build a future that’s fairer, greener, safer and more peaceful for everyone. We are excited to be working with Planned Parenthood on a campaign to help fight back and protect access to reproductive care in Pennsylvania.