General Overview: The Outreach Team is one of the largest field vendors in the country. We work on behalf of amazing progressive partners to win real social change for good. Our goal is to consistently raise the overall level of organizing/canvass work across platforms by thinking holistically about our clients, the campaign we are trying to win, and the staff who work on the campaign. We are excited to launch a campaign with Common Cause to help pass The For The People Act through the Senate.
The For The People Act is a once-in-a-generation opportunity to shift power away from special interests and put it in the hands of everyday people. The bill, designated as HR. 1/ S. 1, is the boldest, most comprehensive democracy reform legislation introduced in Congress in decades. It would create real reform on voting rights, ethics in government, money in politics, election security, and gerrymandering. As a Campaign Organizer, you will organize business owners, VIPs, community leaders, and everyday people to speak out in favor of passing this bill. You will work to demonstrate broad public support for the bill and work to convince key Senators to pass it.
Locations: Organizers must be based in: Alaska, Arizona, Georgia, or Maine.
Timeline: We plan to launch on April 5th and run through June 25th, with the possibility of an extension.
- Recruiting Activists, Planning Events, and Working with Coalition Partners
- Call and text thousands of local constituents to ask them to support the campaign by making calls, writing letters to the editor, or posting their support on social media
- Train activists to take action and leadership on grassroots tactics including phonebanking, textbanking, and other outreach
- Plan virtual meet-ups and happy hours for activists
- Work with allies, advocates, and stakeholders on the ground to endorse the campaign
- Be a good partner and provide support to groups already doing the work on the ground
- Organize virtual events with VIPs and coalition partners and recruit attendees to promote the bill
- Digital Campaign, Data Management and Reporting
- Demonstrate support by recruiting volunteers to post support on their own social media platforms including Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
- Use tools like Hustle and Hubdialer to communicate with voters and activists
- Work with a digital campaigner to send timely and compelling email campaigns to recruit activists to campaign activities
- Report numbers daily and write detailed reports weekly on the results of the campaign
- Track every interaction with detailed notes; ensure that data is kept secure and that data entry is done with all due care and attention
- Experience in field and volunteer organizing either on advocacy or electoral campaigns strongly recommended
- Demonstrated experience putting on events
- Self-starter and excellent problem-solving skills
- Personally organized
- Familiarity with democracy and voting policy issues
- Familiarity with progressive organizations and their staff and/or volunteer leaders in your state Willingness to work evenings and weekends
- Experience with data and volunteer management tools like Action Network and Hustle is preferred.
Salary: The salary for this position runs from $51,000 to $57,500 annually, depending on experience. We offer a generous benefits package, including paid sick leave, health insurance, and training. At the end of the campaign, there may be opportunities for advancement.
At The Outreach Team we believe deeply that equity and inclusion in our organization makes us better at our work and helps to build a stronger progressive movement. We are an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community and people who identify with other underrepresented groups to apply.
Please note: We want to hire people of all gender identities. This hiring platform (JazzHR) does not allow us to add in specific options for gender identities outside of the binary, but we are currently working with them to find a solution.