The Outreach Team is a field firm specializing in face-to-face canvassing operations. We fuel the nation’s leading groups to raise money, register voters and win on election day.We are excited to be working with Everytown for Gun Safety on a campaign to organize communities in key states across the country to fight for commonsense gun reform.
General Overview: The Campaign Organizer will hit the ground in the spring of 2020 to develop grassroots and grasstops community relationships on key college campuses, recruit and train dozens of volunteers committed to gun reform, train leaders on the campaign, and show up and be a good ally to partner organizations throughout the process. In summer of 2020, the organizer will run a summer fellowship program which will help gear up for a large-scale voter registration and Get Out The Vote effort in the fall of 2020.The bulk of the job is organizing students and other key stakeholders on college campuses.
Recruit and train dozens of volunteer activists
- Call Everytown supporters and recruit them to grassroots actions
- Identify new volunteers by gathering petitions and making announcements in public
- Run grassroots skills trainings to develop effective campaigners among volunteers
- Keep meticulous track of a volunteer list so that no potential fighter falls through the cracks
Volunteer leadership development
- Host and help to run weekly campaign meetings to develop a community of leaders
- Pitch and train volunteers to take on leadership responsibilities
- Identify and train a volunteer campaign leader to lead the Students Demand chapter into the 2020s
- Run a summer fellowship program to train top leaders to lead voter registration efforts
Run a campus voter registration and Get Out the Vote campaign
- Recruit and train dozens of volunteer canvassers for daily shifts
- Nail 100% of all administrative and legal requirements and ensure that volunteers do the same
- Make thousands of Get Out The Vote contacts
Manage digital organizing tools
- Take excellent photos at all events for social sharing
- Manage multiple campaign pages
- Use campaign tools like VAN, peer-to-peer texting services, and relational organizing tools
- Take online tools and use them to work with volunteers on the ground, in-person
The salary range for this position is $900-$950 per week. We offer a generous benefits package, including paid vacation and sick leave, health insurance, a hands-on training program, and access to mental health support and a bailout fund. We also offer a referral bonus. At the end of the campaign, there may be opportunities for advancement and bonuses.
Applications: Click here to apply: https://theoutreachteam.applytojob.com/apply/1qmDiKjXiY/Everytown-For-Gun-Safety-Campaign-Organizer?source=Movement+Builders