Help us Get Out The Vote for Progressive Ballot Initiatives! We are currently seeking Voter Contact Canvassers to go door-to-door and mobilize the electorate to advocate for the issues that are most important to progressives.
This role is a great opportunity to gain experience in the following areas: Organizing, Leadership, Communication & Advocacy, Community Outreach & Engagement, Campaign Work, Public Policy, and Social Enterprise.
Get paid well! Canvass positions start at $23/hour. Leadership positions start at $25/hour. We offer overtime pay, paid training, sick pay, bonuses for friend referrals, and mileage reimbursement for drivers.
Stay Safe! We have strict health and safety protocols that include a contactless approach to campaign work. We provide all of the training and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) you will need.
Locations: Portland, OR and Eugene, OR
We are hiring immediately, all positions run through the elections with possibilities for advancement afterwards. Shifts run from 12:00 PM – 8:00 PM with the possibility to work part-time or full-time.
Canvasser Responsibilities ($23/hr):
- Engage with the public in a friendly and respectful manner
- Deliver a compelling campaign message, and collect complete survey answers from voters
- Participate in staff training to improve outreach skills
- Strictly follow the campaign’s safety protocols, including the use of PPE and compliance with daily health and safety guidelines
Team Leader Responsibilities ($25/hr):
The Canvasser Responsibilities plus:
- Manage a small group of canvassers out in the field by checking in with them periodically throughout the day and debriefing with them at the end of the day
- Ensure each canvasser has all of the materials they need to be safe and successful
- Assist directors with canvasser training and administrative work
The ideal candidate:
- Passionate about progressive politics and fostering democracy
- Strong communication skills; you should enjoy working with other people and be willing and excited to speak with everyone
- Hard worker who will stay motivated to engage as many people as possible
- Open to new challenges and are interested in building their campaign skills
- Culturally competent and able to respectfully engage with teammates and the community
Prior canvassing experience is not required.
Pay: $23/hr for canvassers and $25/hr for Team Leaders. We offer overtime pay, paid training, sick pay, bonuses for friend referrals, and mileage reimbursement for drivers.
We are committed to equity, inclusion, and anti-racism. We are an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage Black, indigenous, people of color, women, people with previous felony convictions, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and others who identify with underrepresented groups to apply.
About The Outreach Team