The Outreach Team is expanding dramatically for the 2020 Election season, and we are hiring Regional Field Directors to help us manage our election offices.
A Regional Field Director will manage 4-6 campaign offices in a critical state. As an RFD, you will manage Campaign Directors and Deputy Directors who are hiring, training, and managing canvassers to knock on doors in key election districts. You will also be on The Outreach Team’s leadership team and help to drive organization-wide goals. Regional Field Directors report to the Vice President, Campaigns for The Outreach Team.
Locations: This is a remote position, based anywhere within Wisconsin or Minnesota with WiFi and cell service. You should expect to travel between 5-10 days per month, on average.
- Hire and manage 4-6 Campaign Directors through daily check ins and weekly planning calls
- Help to organize and run staff trainings
- Travel to offices and work with Campaign Directors on the ground for a few days at a time.
- Conduct formal staff evaluations over the course of the campaign
- Ensure that staff are following all health and safety protocols
Office Administrative Management & Quality Control
- Coordinate with a project administrator to:
- Onboard Campaign Directors and outreach team members
- Ensure offices have correct materials as well as health and safety supplies
- Process staff payroll
Progress to Goal Management and Backend Support
- Track numbers towards goals with weekly reports
- Create campaign materials, tracking forms, and training guides to support Campaign Directors in the field
- Drive your organizing team to hit overall campaign goals
- 3+ years of experience in issue and/or electoral campaigns with increasing responsibility over time
- Previous staff management and canvass experience required
- Self-starter and excellent problem solving skills
- Good balance of hands on/hands off as a staff manager
- Passion for progressive solutions to big problems.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends, and to travel as necessary.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Stickler for the following the health and safety rules across all operations
- Patience and a sense of humor.
Salary The annual salary range for this position is $68,000 to $78,000. We provide a generous benefits package which includes healthcare, sick pay, cellphone and zoom room reimbursements, and a training program.
At The Outreach Team we believe deeply that equity and inclusion in our organization makes us better at our work and helps to build a stronger progressive movement. We have a deep commitment to practicing anti-racism. We are an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community and people who identify with other underrepresented groups to apply.
About The Outreach Team
The Outreach Team is a national consulting firm working to make the world a better place. We do that by combining talented, mission-driven people with cutting-edge technology and strategies to marshal public support for the nation’s leading nonprofits and political campaigns.
We specialize in running canvasses – fundraising, voter registration, GOTV, and petition-gathering for initiatives.
The Outreach Team prioritizes equity and inclusion in all facets of our operations. We are focused and working on making sure our staff team, client roster, and outreach efforts are rooted in and shaped by the values of equity and inclusion.
We were founded by people who want to change the world to make it fairer, greener, safer, and more peaceful. In the end, we will only work with clients or hire staff who we believe will help us accomplish this mission.