This position can be based in Medford, MA or Washington, DC.
The Center for Information and Research on Civic Learning and Engagement (CIRCLE) is a research-based think tank that studies how young people in the United States learn to become active participants in our democracy. CIRCLE studies a broad range of topics, from K-12 civic education, youth organizing, youth and civic media, to community characteristics that promote civic development. The central focus of its work is on expanding access to civic learning and engagement opportunities, especially for marginalized youth.
Because of CIRCLE’s explicit focus on improving civic education and engagement for young people of color and other underserved youth, and because of Tisch College and Tufts University’s foundational commitments to diversity and inclusion, candidates with diverse backgrounds and experiences are especially encouraged to apply.
Review of applications will begin on November 28th.
What You’ll Do
- The Program Manager will be responsible for using organizing, training and/or partnership development skills to facilitate conversation about CIRCLE’s research, focusing largely on elections.
- They will work closely with organizational leaders building responsive election-related strategies/inquiries in pursuit of more equitable supports for a broader diversity of youth.
- They will provide leadership on outreach and partnerships as part of the Independent Voter Registration Report (IVR), including customized partner support, and the creation of partner facing-materials.
- The Program Manager supports the CIRCLE team by being a liaison to mostly election practitioner groups – responding to inquiries, doing individualized outreach and support to various stakeholders and coalitions with new CIRCLE data analysis.
- They may support fundraising relating to the IVR report and propose potential partnerships and revenue opportunities to CIRCLE’s leadership.
- This team member supports CIRCLE’s overall research impact work by participating in aspects of research and communications such as advising on partnership development, developing content based on research, supporting the translation of research into accessible forms.
This role is geared towards someone with organizing, training and/or partnership experience and does not require technical skills for data analysis.
What We’re Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree
- Demonstrated competency in project management, coordinating a team, and leading a large multi-part project
- Experience working substantively within or leading diverse coalitions and stakeholders in varied roles/positions
- Ability to communicate effectively with a range of stakeholders and audiences, including practitioners, reporters, scholars, and young people through various modes of communication
- Experience interpreting statistical data, using or conducting research, evaluation or data in communications, strategy, or tactics
- Practical knowledge about how voter files are used by organizations working to support voters
- Unwavering commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion and understanding of how these commitments apply to work
- Knowledge of voter registration practices, laws and trends in the United States
- Experience as a youth leader or as a professional leading, coordinating or building voter registration programs, working with voter registration organizations
- Experience or ability to approach inquiries and conversations with other orgs in a responsive way: with humility, as a listener, and with the goal of relationship-building
- Experience in settings where the experiences and voices of marginalized communities are centered
- Existing relationships with practitioners and groups that conduct voter registration activities, especially focused on communities historically marginalized in civic and political life
- Comfort with multiple projects, delegating and receiving tasks and making decisions about research and analytic design choices with minimal guidance
An employee in this position must complete all appropriate background checks at the time of hire, promotion, or transfer.
Equal Opportunity Employer – minority/females/veterans/disability/sexual orientation/gender identity