UltraViolet (UV) is hiring an Operations Director (OD) to ensure UV’s operations are comprehensive, progressive, and reflect UV’s overarching values.
Reporting to the Director of Operations & Human Resources (DOHR), the OD will concentrate on ensuring UV operates soundly and compliantly, and that staff is undergirded by equitable policies, practices, and systems. The OD will work across teams and liaise with key consultants to enhance UV’s processes, policies, systems, and compliance practices, continuously developing organizational effectiveness and operationalizing UV’s values.
The role is fully remote, in an all-remote organization, with a starting salary range of $95,000 to $110,000, plus a home office stipend based on the cost of living in your location.
The Operations Director oversees the following areas of work:
Legal and Compliance:
- Manage the state charitable registration process, ensuring accuracy, timeliness, and consistency
- Manage contracts across the organization, liaising with legal, compliance, and staff to ensure agreements are complete, timely, and accurate
- Working with the DOHR, ensure legal compliance and risk mitigation, including organizational insurance procurement and maintenance, annual and periodic staff training, and legal document and policy maintenance
- Ensure corporate structures are active and compliant, and ensure federal and state nonprofit compliance
- Maintain and develop operations policies, ensuring they are forward-thinking, compliant, and reflective of UV’s values
- Be attuned to operations trends and factors at large, and develop proposals for continuing to evolve how UV operates
- With the DOHR, participate in annual budget planning, goal-setting, and project management related to operations
- Manage and track various budgets and approvals related to operations projects and annual expenses; help ensure operations goals are met
- Manage logistics and governance for the Board of Directors
Staff & Remote Office Operations:
- Assist the DOHR with logistical aspects of the staff lifecycle (ex. systems access, equipment orders)
- Assist the DOHR with logistical aspects of staff retreats
- Hold the relationship with UV’s contract proofers
- Periodically train staff on operations policies
- Act as the primary point of contact for staff’s day-to-day operations and administrative questions
- Manage mail, voicemail, and check deposit
- Manage essential digital staff tools including Zoom, Slack, email & digital storage providers.
- Order and distribute physical office equipment and software products; log certain physical assets and track associated budgets
- Other operational tasks and projects as needed or directed by the DOHR
These are the required skills and experience for the position:
- 4 or more years of experience working in operations, legal, or compliance for a nonprofit, campaign, or similar organization; with two or more years experience in operations leadership or holding equivalent responsibility
- Extensive experience crafting, reviewing, and updating contracts, MOUs, and other written agreements, including communicating changes, concerns, and recommendations
- Experience with state and federal nonprofit regulation
- Experience researching and writing internal policies
- Sharp instincts around risk mitigation; proactive, methodical mindset when it comes to thinking through and assessing potential outcomes
- Experience advocating for internal policy and culture change
- Independent judgment, a proactive nature, and the ability to take initiative
- Personal commitment to antiracist feminism and to UltraViolet’s mission to create a gender-just future, as well as the ability to bring a strong antiracist and intersectional feminist lens to all aspects of your work.
We’re hoping that you’ll bring some of these bonus skills and experiences:
- Proven ability to train staff on policies and procedures
- Experience with multi-state fundraising registration and compliance
- Experience working in a partial or fully-digital environment
- Operations thought-leadership in organization-wide discussions
- Familiarity with 501(c)3, 501(c)4, and PAC structures
- Experience supporting IT operations
- Experience supporting nonprofit boards
You will thrive in this role if you’re someone who:
- Thrives while working remotely, since we are an all-remote organization
- Is comfortable holding work of varying degrees of complexity – both involved work and day-to-day administrative tasks
- Has extraordinary attention to detail – asking questions, considering outcomes, and ensuring all bases are covered
- Can distill and communicate complex information in an accessible way
- Has a deep commitment to ensuring the organization’s values are lived through our internal policies and procedures
- Is someone who thrives in a low-ego, collaborative environment that prioritizes work/life balance
Perks of working for UltraViolet:
- Fully remote workplace, with home office stipend based on location
- Full health, dental, and vision benefits for employees, and generous coverage for your family
- Four to six weeks of vacation, 14 paid holidays, 2 weeks off at end of year, and a shorter day on most Fridays
- 401(k) with a 5% employer contribution
- Eighteen weeks of parental leave, plus support for child care for work-related events and travel
The salary range for this position is $95,000 to $110,000, plus a home office stipend based on the cost of living in your location.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, with a priority deadline of 11:59pm PT on August 14th, 2022. Depending on applicant volume and qualification, the process may include three interviews, as well as a written component. Any applicants who are invited to, and complete, the written component will be provided a payment in appreciation, regardless of whether they are subsequently selected to move forward.
- Apply via this link: https://ultraviolet.applytojob.com/apply/bvJkfxO1HP/Operations-Director
Since 2012, UltraViolet has been the premier national organization advocating for a gender just future using creative, strategic campaigning and digital-first organizing. UltraViolet drives feminist cultural and political change by exposing the white supremacist patriarchy and creating the conditions for a more just and equitable world for all.
Together with our more than 1.2 million members, we have taken over 17 million actions driving feminist cultural and political change. UltraViolet members have taken down major misogynists from Bill O’Reilly and Harvey Weinstein to Roger Ailes and Rick Ross, led the fight nationwide to combat racist and sexist disinformation during the 2020 election, campaigned for justice for women of color murdered by law enforcement, forced Google to stop promoting harmful and deceptive anti-abortion clinics, and more.
We work across a broad spectrum of interconnected issues that impact women’s lives, including violence against women, disinformation, health care, economic security, reproductive rights, and racial justice. In all of our work, we center frontline communities disparately impacted by sexist policies and practices, especially Black women, Indigenous women, women of color, people with disabilities, low-income women, immigrants, survivors, and LGBTQ+ people.
If fighting for a gender just future–a world where all people can thrive with freedom and dignity–ignites your passion, then UltraViolet is the organization for you!
UltraViolet is a multi-racial, multi-gender organization. We strongly encourage people of all genders, BIPOC people, LGBTQ+ people, people with disabilities, and those from other systematically marginalized communities to apply.
UltraViolet is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, citizenship status, disability status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. UltraViolet hires and promotes individuals on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. We strongly encourage diverse applicants to apply.