UltraViolet is hiring a Campaign Director to help us drive cultural and political change to advance an intersectional feminist agenda.
In 2012, UltraViolet was launched to harness the collective power of millions of people to advance women's equity through rapid-response digital organizing.
Since then, UltraViolet has been the premier national organization elevating all of the issues that impact women's lives across identity--from intimate partner and state violence to health care to economic policy--to a national audience. Our goal has been to expose sexism and rape culture by using rapid-response campaigns to create public accountability and advocate for solutions.
To do that, over the last eight years, we've built and are sustaining a community of 1.2 million committed and engaged activists in every state and congressional district across the country and ignited a new wave of feminist activism.
Moving ahead, UltraViolet will focus on building an intersectional feminist community online by creating compelling stories and offering ways to take action that center the voices and perspectives of women of color, Indigenous women, and LGBTQ people. It is these stories--from our members and our staff--that will drive demand for the kind of changes women need.
If fighting for a world beyond patriarchy, where people of all backgrounds and identities thrive with freedom and dignity, is your passion--UltraViolet is the organization for you!
UltraViolet is an organization run by women, immigrants, people of color, Indigenous women, and LGBTQ+ people. Sexism disparately impacts us, and we strongly encourage people from these and other impacted communities to apply.
In 2019, UltraViolet broadened our strategic focus to include both large-scale, rapid response digital organizing as well as work focused on longer-term culture change and advocacy.
The person in the Campaign Director role will be part of a team transitioning methodologies, testing new strategies that marry rapid response energy with long-term campaign strategy, and honing a laser-sharp focus on making UltraViolet's vision for the world--a world beyond patriarchy--a reality.
You should have a proven ability to run high-profile, mediagenic campaigns that engage hundreds of thousands of people, utilize rapid response campaign opportunities, and garner national media attention. You should have a deep dedication to making long-term systemic and culture change paired with an eye for mobilizing in rapid response opportunities. If this sounds like you, you should apply today!
These are the required skills for this position:
- Five to eight years working in digital campaigning, organizing, communications, advocacy, or other relevant experience
- Proven experience running scaled digital campaigns
- Sharp strategic and advocacy knowledge and instincts
- Experience working in intersectional feminist organizing and/or racial justice organizing
- Experience managing complex projects from start to finish, independently and as part of a team
- Proven writing ability in a relevant setting; experience mobilizing people via email and mobile
- Knowledge and experience managing political and cultural issues that primarily impact women, in a fast-paced, rapid-response, media-driven environment
We're hoping you'll bring one or two (or more) of these bonus skills:
- Experience with communications and media strategies, and a proven track record of generating earned media
- Experience working with survivors of sexual assault and harassment, and/or in the field of preventing violence against women and femmes
- Experience growing member email lists, both paid and organic
- Experience fundraising from a membership list
- Experience with and understanding of cultural organizing or electoral politics
- Experience working with ActionKit or a relevant member database CRM
You will thrive in this role if you're someone who:
- Likes the idea of working remotely, since we are an all-remote organization
- Is comfortable juggling multiple tasks and can thrive in a fast-paced environment, independently or as part of a team
- Is an excellent project manager and can manage a project seamlessly from start to finish
- Is able, willing, and excited to turn on a dime when opportunity knocks
Perks of working for UltraViolet:
- Full health, dental, and vision for employees and generous coverage for your family
- Four to six weeks of vacation and 12 paid holidays
- 401(k) with a 5% employer contribution
- Sixteen weeks of parental leave, plus support for childcare for work-related events and travel
- A team with a top-notch GIF game and a #pets slack channel that knows how to have fun while getting a lot done in a low-ego environment
The salary range for this position is $78,000 to $90,000, plus a home office stipend based on the cost of living in your location.
UltraViolet is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, citizenship status, disability status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression of an otherwise qualified individual, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law. UltraViolet hires and promotes individuals on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. We strongly encourage diverse applicants to apply.