UltraViolet is hiring an Organizational Administrator (OA). The OA is a cross-organizational staff member who ensures the logistics of UltraViolet run smoothly and accurately, and that all staff are best supported to meet their goals. The OA reports to the Director of Operations and Human Resources and is a member of the Operations Team.
In 2012, UltraViolet was launched to harness the collective power of millions of people to advance women’s equity through rapid-response digital organizing.
Since then, UltraViolet has been the premier national organization elevating all of the issues that impact women’s lives across identity–from intimate partner and state violence to health care to economic policy–to a national audience. Our goal has been to expose sexism and rape culture by using rapid-response campaigns to create public accountability and advocate for solutions.
To do that, over the last eight years, we’ve built a sustained community of 1.2 million committed and engaged activists in every state and congressional district across the country, and ignited a new wave of feminist activism.
Moving ahead, UltraViolet will focus on building an intersectional feminist community online by creating compelling stories and offering ways to take action that center the voices and perspectives of women of color, Indigenous women, and LGBTQ people. It is these stories–from our members and our staff–that will drive demand for the kind of changes women need.
If fighting for a world beyond patriarchy–where people of all backgrounds and identities thrive with freedom and dignity–is your passion, UltraViolet is the organization for you!
UltraViolet is an organization run by women, immigrants, people of color, Indigenous women, and LGBTQ+ people. Sexism disparately impacts us, and we strongly encourage people from these and other impacted communities to apply.
UltraViolet’s Organizational Administrator (OA) is a cross-organizational staff member, and is responsible for the following categories of work:
- Executive & Leadership Support — Closely support the Executive Director, including managing scheduling, travel, expense reports, and other logistics; support the Leadership Team and Board of Directors with scheduling and other administrative needs
- Development Support — Assist the Development team with funder documents, communications, and record maintenance
- Staff Support — Act as logistical conductor, ensuring staff is equipped with the tools, tech access, and resources they need; act as point person on staff meeting and retreat logistics
- Organizational Support — Keep UV’s organizational heart beating by maintaining UV’s fundamental accounts and services, and ensuring registration and filing obligations are met
These are the required skills for this position:
- Two+ years of administrative experience
- Proven project management experience, with seamless attention to detail from start to finish
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to represent the organization to donors, as well as interface with all levels of staff and volunteers while maintaining tact, diplomacy, and confidentiality
- Experience and comfort with interacting with people from a variety of backgrounds, identities, and experiences
- High level of comfort with technology, including GSuite, Slack, databases; experience with basic technological troubleshooting and light IT support
Deep commitment to UltraViolet’s mission to dismantle the white supremacist patriarchy
We’re hoping you’ll bring one or two (or more) of these bonus skills:
- Deep experience managing executive schedules
- Experience working with a progressive, mission-driven organization
- Background in technical support
- Strong writing and copy editing skills
- Experience managing logistics for staff events and meetings
- Experience managing Salesforce CRM
You will thrive in this role if you’re someone who:
- Likes the idea of working remotely, since we are an all-remote organization
- Is able to be flexible and pivot seamlessly in a rapidly changing environment
- Is able to handle multiple, complex tasks and priorities and adhere to deadlines
- Is organized, likes to take initiative, enjoys solving problems, and has an unparalleled attention to detail
- Is comfortable juggling multiple tasks and can thrive in a fast-paced environment, independently or as part of a team
Perks of working for UltraViolet:
- Full health, dental, and vision for employees and generous coverage for your family
- Four to six weeks of vacation and 12 paid holidays
- 401(k) with a 5% employer contribution
- Sixteen weeks of parental leave, plus support for childcare for work-related events and travel
- A team with a top-notch GIF game and a #pets slack channel, that gets surprise presents, and knows how to have fun while getting a lot done in a low-ego environment
The salary range for this position is $53,000 to $60,000, plus a home office stipend based on the cost of living in your location.
UltraViolet is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, citizenship status, disability status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression of an otherwise qualified individual, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law. UltraViolet hires and promotes individuals on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. We strongly encourage diverse applicants to apply.