UltraViolet is hiring a Social Media Manager to help us drive cultural and political change to advance an intersectional feminist agenda.
The UltraViolet Social Media Manager is responsible for designing and implementing social media strategy that aligns with UV’s goals as they pertain to current campaigns, and communicating UV’s message and story via social media to members, funders, and other stakeholders. The Social Media Manager will focus on brand consistency, metrics, and monitoring across UltraViolet’s social media platforms, and will have an opportunity to learn about various aspects of the digital-first campaigning process as they relate to social media strategy. The Social Media Manager reports to the Communications Director and is a member of the Campaigns team.
In this role you will:
- Own strategy and day-to-day management of UltraViolet’s social media channels, with a focus on strategies for growth, audience analysis, and evaluation of new channels.
- Manage and implement the UltraViolet content calendar; collaborate with creative and program staff to help meet organizational goals via social media.
- Stay abreast of breaking news such that UV’s social media channels are vibrant and relevant.
- Monitor member communications on social media channels and email to drive engagement with members and answer questions.
- Identify relevant spaces in the larger progressive movement that UltraViolet’s voice should be a part of on social media, and monitor the wider social media universe to identify emerging and values-aligned conversations UV should be involved in.
- Develop practices of reporting out metrics, engaging in peer analysis, and proposing goal-oriented next steps.
- Collaborate with the Campaigns team to tell the story of UV’s work, and grow UltraViolet’s membership while centering Black, Indigenous, and women of color and LGBTQ people.
- Work with the Communications Director and creative consultants on graphics development.
- Working with the Communications Director, ensure that the UltraViolet website is updated and is an engaging and interactive destination for UltraViolet members, the media, allies, and stakeholders.
These are the required skills for this position:
- Two to five years managing and implementing successful social media presence, or managing and implementing a media strategy of which a majority was social media-based.
- Proven experience crafting and managing social postings and replies across multiple platforms.
- A demonstrated ability to learn on the job and a desire to develop and deepen digital organizing skills.
- Knowledge about political and cultural issues related to gender equity and justice, especially with an intersectional feminist approach.
- A strong understanding of the systems of oppression and the political landscape which inform UltraViolet’s campaigning.
We’re hoping you bring 1-2 (or more) of these bonus skills:
- Experience with design programs like the AdobeSuite, Canva, and Photoshop, and creation of graphics.
- Creating and managing full-circle social media campaigns.
- Analyzing and reporting out media metrics, and developing goals and pivots based on analysis.
- Experience developing organizational or project-specific branding.
- Experience with and understanding of cultural organizing or electoral politics.
- Experience managing complex projects from start to finish, independently and as part of a team.
You will thrive in this role if you’re someone who:
- Thrives while working remotely, since we are an all-remote organization.
- Is comfortable juggling multiple tasks and can thrive in a fast-paced environment, independently and as a team.
- Is able to be flexible and pivot seamlessly in a rapidly changing environment, while handling multiple complex, deadline-driven tasks and priorities.
- Is an excellent project manager, managing start to finish processes seamlessly.
- Loves working with colleagues from diverse backgrounds in a low ego, collaborative environment.
Perks of working for UltraViolet:
- Full health, dental, and vision for employees and generous coverage for your family.
- Four to six weeks of vacation and 12 paid holidays.
- 401(k) with a 5% employer contribution.
- Sixteen weeks of parental leave, plus support for childcare for work-related events and travel.
- A team with a top-notch GIF game and #pets and #joy slack channels that knows how to have fun while getting a lot done in a low-ego environment.
The salary range for this position is $75,000-$85,000, plus a home office stipend based on the cost of living in your location.
Apply online via this link: https://ultraviolet.applytojob.com/apply/oAZOjMrreO/Social-Media-Manager
UltraViolet is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, citizenship status, disability status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression of an otherwise qualified individual, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law. UltraViolet hires and promotes individuals on the basis of their qualifications for the job to be filled. We strongly encourage diverse applicants to apply.
In 2012, UltraViolet was launched to harness the collective power of millions of people to advance women's equity through rapid-response digital organizing.
Since then, UltraViolet has been the premier national organization elevating all of the issues advancing gender equity and justice--from intimate partner and state violence to health care to economic policy. Our goal has been to expose sexism and white supremacist patriarchy by using strategic campaigns and digital-first organizing to create public accountability and advocate for solutions.
To do that, over the last eight years, we've built a sustained community of 1.2 million committed and engaged activists in every state and congressional district across the country, and ignited a new wave of feminist activism.
Moving ahead, UltraViolet will focus on building an intersectional feminist community online by creating compelling stories and offering ways to take action that center the voices and perspectives of women of color, Indigenous women, and LGBTQ people.
If fighting for a world beyond patriarchy--where people of all backgrounds and identities thrive with freedom and dignity--is your passion, UltraViolet is the organization for you!
Ultraviolet is an organization of women, Black, Indigenous, and people of color, and LGBTQ+ folks. Sexism and racism disparately impacts us, and we strongly encourage people from these and other impacted communities to apply.