Job Title: Digital Strategist for Mobilization and Engagement
Organization: The Unitarian Universalist Service Committee (UUSC)
Department: Programs, Advocacy & Action (PAA)
Reports to: Director of Strategic Communications
Grade: 7 (bargaining unit)
Position: Exempt, Full-Time (35 hours/week)
Salary Range: $70,000 to $85,000
Location: Remote (hybrid work arrangements available post/pandemic for greater-Boston candidates)
Guided by Unitarian Universalist principles and the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, UUSC is a human rights organization that strives to advance human rights, dismantle systems of oppression, and uplift the inherent dignity and power of all people. We focus our work in three intersectional areas of justice: Migrant Justice, Climate and Disaster Justice, and International Justice and Accountability. We center the voices and experiences of those most affected and strengthen those grassroots groups and movements who are organizing themselves to advance these goals. To accomplish this, we offer Justice Education and Leadership Development, Engagement and Mobilization for Advocacy, and Grantmaking and Partner Support.
UUSC is seeking a Digital Strategist for Mobilization and Engagement to join our Communications team. The Digital Strategist will work directly with the Communications Director and will develop and execute a range of communications and engagement activities that connect, inform, and inspire the UUSC community and uplift the work of UUSC partners across the globe.
The Strategist plays a crucial supporting role within the Programs, Advocacy, and Action Department and will need to have a balance between strong technical skills and the ability to communicate professionally and effectively. The Strategist is someone who can thrive within structured work conditions, but also work independently and is an experienced problem solver. This position will also closely collaborate with the Development department in drafting overall digital outreach plans, as well as the policy and research teams in campaign development.
The Strategist will be responsible for: 1) working under the guidance and mentorship of the Director of Strategic communications to create and implement UUSC’s digital content strategy; 2) daily maintenance and functioning of UUSC’s social media platforms and website content; 3) building campaigns for member engagement using UUSC’s advocacy platform for e-Actions, and 4) co-managing the communications calendar and supporting the production of content for social media, email, blog, and other UUSC communications.
Essential responsibilities/duties may include but are not limited to:
- Leads project management on digital engagement campaigns, including planning with policy leads, message development, analysis, and reporting. These campaigns may happen via the UUSC website, and socials, and, when necessary, texting campaigns using the Capitol Canary e-action platform.
- Leads website digital strategy, supporting the development of landing pages to build public awareness of programmatic priorities and the strategic auditing and updating of the website to increase traffic and engagement.
- Leads social media engagement strategy, manages and implements social media campaigns and related multimedia assets on a range of platforms and resources across Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, Flickr, stock photography sites, etc.
- Collaborates with team and other departments to ideate, create and post content for the website (including the UUSC blog) and social media platforms.
- Manage UUSC’s content management system (CMS) and navigate its electronic customer relationship management (eCRM) platforms effectively, digging into data analytics to improve overall performance.
- Works with UU College of Social Justice (CSJ) to provide high-level strategic advice on CSJ’s website and social media presence.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned consistent with the roles of the position.
- At least eight years of relevant experience required, preferably in the non-profit sector.
- Advanced research, writing, and editing skills.
- Deep understanding of human rights, international development, and the nonprofit sector.
- Proven experience in social media and online communication strategy.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Demonstrated ability to work independently, within a team, and with members of the communities UUSC serves.
- Strong organizational and time management Proven experience in handling multiple tasks simultaneously with an ability to meet deadlines and prioritize projects.
- Positive identification with UUSC’s mission.
- College degree or relevant certification required; master’s degree preferred. Life skills, experience, and volunteer work are recognized.
- Strong writing and editing skills with an emphasis on clear, inspiring writing; strong graphic design instincts.
- Experience with and excitement for building online engagement using multiple tactics, with a strong understanding of accessibility and usability.
- Deep interest and experience in social justice, a strong solutions orientation, a “can do” attitude, and the desire and ability to take initiative.
- Strong project management skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to recognize opportunities and act quickly to implement a response.
- Ability to set clear and measurable goals while holding space for emergence, experimentation, and group processes.
- Experience with Google and social media analytics and ability to use data to inform digital strategy.
- Facility with virtual content management platforms, including WordPress and Capitol Canary a plus.
UUSC offers a generous benefits package including health, dental, and life insurance, STD/LTD, 403(b) tax deferred annuity, retirement plan with 9% of salary contribution to pension plan after 1 year of service, flexible spending plans for medical and dependent care, commuter allowance, and generous paid time off.
Non-Discrimination and Equal Employment Opportunity
UUSC’s mission affirms and celebrates the inherent dignity and power of every person. We are committed to creating a diverse and talented team to achieve that mission. UUSC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to the full inclusion of all. UUSC is deeply committed to ensuring that our organizational culture, policies, and employment practices embody equity and justice.
Interested candidates may email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Or mail to: Unitarian Universalist Service Committee (Attn: Director of Human Resources)
689 Massachusetts Avenue, Cambridge MA 02139
For more information about the Unitarian Universalist Service Committee, please visit www.uusc.org
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org