Vote Blue specializes in reaching out to voters. We knock on doors and speak with the public to persuade them to get out and Vote Blue for progressive candidates. We have experience running field offices during the COVID19 pandemic and keeping our staff and the public safe, too. Our leadership team has led nationwide electoral efforts in 20+ states over the last two decades. We have knocked on millions of doors and had millions of face-to-face conversations. Our field campaigns have provided the margin of victory in close elections at the local, state, and national level.
Vote Blue is seeking a Data Director to lead and build out our data program. The Data Director will lead and build out your office’s voter contact data program. You will work closely with the National Data & Targeting Director and report to your office’s Canvass Director. You’ll coordinate data across the different tools used in our campaigns and liaise with your coworkers and leadership team. .
- Utilize targeting and turf-cutting tools in VAN or VoteBuilder
- Work with Field Offer directors to coordinate turf needs for office, project out turf management plan
- Manage daily operations including timely and accurate delivery of data from the field to our leadership team,
- Work closely with our National Data & Targeting Director to track turf completion and implement quality control practices
- Collect, update, organize and audit multiple data inputs in VAN and google sheets
- Reports to the Office Canvass Director
- Some management experience with increasing responsibility over time. Prior experience running a canvassing operation is preferred.
- Extreme attention to detail and a proven ability to instill that quality in others
- Self-starter with excellent problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Passion for progressive solutions to big problems
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends.
- Excellent report writing and communication skills
- Experience in the following:Strong VAN and/or VoteBuilder skills are preferred
- Strong organizational skills. Experience with google drive preferred.
This is a remote position, based anywhere with WiFi and cell service.
The salary range for this position is $1,000-$1,250 per week through the election. We offer a generous benefits package, including paid vacation and sick leave, health insurance, and hands-on training. At the end of the campaign, there may be opportunities for advancement and bonuses.
About Vote Blue
Vote Blue’s mission is to mobilize progressive voters to get to the polls in the 2020 election using door-to-door canvassing.