Vote Blue – Field Leadership
Vote Blue is seeking passionate and hardworking candidates to join our leadership team, working to defeat Donald Trump and flip the Senate. This role will be focused on leading our voter contact efforts in critical states around the country.
Vote Blue specializes in reaching out to voters. We knock on doors and speak with the public to persuade them to get out and Vote Blue for progressive candidates. Our leadership team has led nationwide electoral efforts in 20+ states over the last two decades. We have knocked on millions of doors and had millions of face-to-face conversations. Our field campaigns have provided the margin of victory in close elections at the local, state, and national levels.
The Project Manager role
The Program Manager will oversee the statewide voter contact campaign. As a Project Manager, you will oversee the Regional Field Directors in the state.
The Regional Field Director role
The Regional Field Director manages 2 to 3 campaign offices in a critical state. As RFD, you will oversee Lead Directors and Deputy Directors who will hire, train, and manage canvassers to knock on doors in key districts. You would be responsible for hiring and developing directors, organizing and running staff training, and traveling to offices for site visits. The RFD works with Canvass Directors to develop weekly plans to hit deliverables and reports to the Program Managers.
Lead Canvass Directors
Canvass Directors will recruit, train, and manage a team of local canvassers to go door-to-door in strategic locations and speak with voters about their voting plans. Additionally, the Lead Canvass Directors will manage a team of one or more Deputy Directors and will be responsible for building an office to scale from the ground up. This position reports to the Regional Field Director.
What we’re looking for in candidates
- Committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion when building relationships and collaborating with colleagues
- Desire to fight for Democratic Values and candidates
- 1-3+ years of experience in issue and/or electoral campaigns with increasing responsibility over time
- Previous staff management and canvass experience is required
- Self-starter and excellent problem-solving skills
- Fluency with VAN, google suite, and other commonly used campaign software
- Ability to work irregular hours and thrive in high-pressure situations
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends, and to travel as necessary.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Enforce following the health and safety rules across all operations without fail
- Patience and a sense of humor
The annual salary range for this position is $1,200- $1,500/week. We provide a generous benefits package that includes healthcare, sick pay, and a training program.
A note on COVID-19
During these uncertain times, our organization’s largest priority is the health, safety, and wellbeing of our staff. We have experience running field offices during the COVID19 pandemic and keeping our staff and the public safe, too.
At Vote Blue, we believe deeply that equity and inclusion in our organization makes us better at our work and helps to build a stronger progressive movement. We have a deep commitment to anti-racism. We are an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community and people who identify with other under represented groups to apply.
About Vote Blue
Vote Blue’s mission is to mobilize progressive voters to get to the polls in the 2020 election using door-to-door canvassing.