Vote Blue specializes in reaching out to voters. We knock on doors and speak with the public to persuade them to get out and Vote Blue for progressive candidates. We have experience running field offices during the COVID19 pandemic and keeping our staff and the public safe. Our leadership team has led nationwide electoral efforts in 20+ states over the last two decades. We have knocked on millions of doors, had millions of face-to-face conversations, and our field campaigns have provided the margin of victory in close elections at the local, state, and national level.
Vote Blue is seeking New Staff Deputy Directors who will help build our campaign offices by assisting recently hired employees through the hiring and training process. This position is remote and runs until November 6, 2020, all team members must work EST or CST hours.
Location Entirely remote
- Call and Communicate with recently hired canvass staff to facilitate their on-boarding and training process
- Coordinate with the rest of the field office directing team on training, scheduling, and performance
- Manage the schedules of dozens of hourly employees
- Attend and help to facilitate daily new staff orientation sessions
- Attend and participate in daily meetings with field office directing teams
- Assist with data and numbers reporting regarding new staff
- Manage multiple moving parts simultaneously
- Maintain high standards in the office and provide ongoing feedback and evaluation for staff
- Anticipate workflow and create employee schedules accordingly
Qualifications – This job may be for you if you:
- Care a lot about civic engagement and electing progressive candidates
- Love bringing more people into the movement and motivating a team
- Are obsessive about details and love being a problem-solver
- Have great communication skills and can patiently work others through their tech and logistical challenges
- Have experience recruiting and/or working in a campaign office
- Experience working with diverse groups and demonstrated commitment to equity and inclusion in working environments
- Are comfortable learning new systems quickly and helping them to improve while expanding
- Are able to work long hours occasionally, including some evenings and weekends
- Familiarity with the following programs is useful: Google Suite, Slack, Zoom, and general databases.
The salary range for this position is $900-$1,200 per week. We offer a generous benefits package, including paid vacation and sick leave, health insurance, and hands-on training. At the end of the campaign, there may be opportunities for advancement and bonuses.
This position starts ASAP, and runs through November 6th.
At Vote Blue we believe deeply that equity within our organization makes us better at our work and helps to build an inclusive progressive movement. We are an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage underrepresented groups to apply.
Apply for this position
About Vote Blue
Vote Blue’s mission is to mobilize progressive voters to get to the polls in the 2020 election using door-to-door canvassing.