The battle for Democracy is urgent. This November it is critical that we mobilize every Democratic voter to stave off an increasingly radical Republican Party at the polls. We are currently seeking Voter Contact Field Directors to mobilize voters to the polls to help Democrats win in the 2022 midterm elections. Increasing voter turnout is one of the keys to winning in November, and we must win if Democrats are going to be able to address systemic issues impacting the most vulnerable communities in our country.
Directors will recruit, train, and manage a team of local canvassers on this voter contact campaign. This project will begin late September. This is a temporary position that will run through the November election.
Locations: Salem, OR
Canvass Management Responsibilities:
- Manage a team of 20 – 30 canvassers, setting goals and holding staff accountable
- Train and provide ongoing motivation and support to staff
- Identify, promote, and train a leadership team
- Build a diverse team where staff feel respected, while fostering a culture of equity and justice
- Implement quality control measures to ensure integrity of the work
- Go in the field yourself a few days per week to contact voters
- Maintain a healthy and safe working environment for all staff
- Develop strategic plans to reach target voters/constituencies in assigned locations
- Manage administrative duties, including reporting data, record keeping, processing payroll, and distributing materials
- Strong management skills, including the ability to motivate and inspire a team while also holding staff accountable to goals and expectations
- Can speak compellingly about campaign issues and strategy
- Willing and able to listen to staff and solve problems
- Committed to equity and inclusion
- Strong work ethic; able to persevere in the face of challenges and setbacks
- Attention to detail, ability to drive best practices critical for protecting the integrity of the process
- Flexible; ready for the unexpected and willing to adapt to last minute changes
- Eager to learn and open to feedback
- Basic tech competency (G-suite or microsoft office, smart phone or computer)
- Community or issue-based campaign experience
- Experience running paid canvasses or managing paid employees
- Experience running voter registration or petition signature-gathering efforts
- Passion for social change and activism
- Team building ability
- A track record of success meeting or exceeding goals
- Experience working in underserved or marginalized communities
- Facilitation experience
- Local knowledge/experience
Salary: The salary range for this position is $1125 – $1423, per week. We offer a generous benefits package, including paid sick leave, health insurance, phone and data stipend, and hands-on training. At the end of the campaign, there may be opportunities for advancement and bonuses.
Equity: If you are interested in this position but don’t think you qualify for everything, please don’t let that stop you from applying! At Vote Blue, we prioritize equity and inclusion and believe our work is better when it benefits from the knowledge, experience, and wisdom of people who have faced systemic barriers.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we strongly encourage Black, indigenous, people of color, women, people with previous felony convictions, members of the LGBTQIA+ community, and others who identify with underrepresented groups to apply.
Who We Are: At Vote Blue, we mobilize progressive voters to the polls. Our field campaigns have provided the margin of victory in close elections at the local, state, and national levels. We mobilize voters to participate in democracy and fight for the most pressing issues of our time such as climate change, reproductive freedom, gun reform, racial justice and LGBTQ rights.
Our client list includes organizations like Climate Action Campaign, Planned Parenthood, Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee, NARAL Pro-Choice America, and more.
Please note: We want to hire people of all gender identities. This hiring platform (JazzHR) does not allow us to add in specific options for gender identities outside of the binary, but we are currently working with them to find a solution.
About Vote Blue
Vote Blue specializes in reaching out to voters. We help them to register to vote, and we knock on doors, make phone calls, send text messages, and speak with the public on the street to persuade them to get out and vote.