This position, which reports to the President, owns the selling and marketing of Way to Win’s political strategy, and Way to Win as an institution, to donors. We require a highly motivated go-getter, able to effectively self manage, and lean into our goals and campaign culture. This is a full-time, remote position with core teammates in Sacramento, CA; Denver, CO; and Houston, TX.
Fundraising: You’ll work with the President, senior staff, and advising team to raise more than $100,000,000 into our multiple vehicles, so we can grant to organizational partners in key states and sustain the organization. With your team, you’ll develop prospecting pipelines and tools to bring in new members and train current members to be ambassadors for Way to Win.
Team Management: You’ll manage a team of staff to achieve Way to Win’s ambitious goals and ensure that all advising team’s duties are executed with excellence. You’ll coach, mentor, and support team members, helping to develop their skills and providing opportunities to grow. You will participate in meetings and projects to advance the organizational vision collaboratively with other senior directors while representing the needs of your team.
Community Building: You will foster a vibrant community of members that feel connected to one another and describe Way to Win as their political home for giving with maximum impact and co-learning. You’ll engage and advise our members so they understand and want to support our theory of change for the long term.
If you were here today, you would be:
- Overseeing and leading a plan, including materials and programs needed, to make big asks to Way donors and prospects for the 2022 Plan to Win with a focus on multi-year commitments toward 2024.
- Organizing key donor stakeholders by asking them to review important documents prior to publication for the whole membership for buy-in and feedback before broad release.
- Building capacity for the advising department by understanding the current needs and overseeing improvements to internal systems and external-facing processes related to member experience.
- Working with other departments to identify tactics and strategies to engage and convert prospects into members.
- Attending events conferences with key Way to Win team members where donor communities gather, like our sister organizations— Donors of Color Network, Women Donors Network, Solidaire, and other forums.
- Planning the 2023 membership engagement strategy creating learning opportunities and cohort building with events like book clubs and brown bag lunches.
We are seeking a team player who is able to own projects from start to finish, jump in and propose solutions and options, and bring ambition, creativity, and passion to this work. You should have:
- A commitment to approach fundraising from an organizing perspective. You deeply love the movement and community groups making change. You know how to leverage our products and events to deepen relationships, listen to member feedback, and encourage donor engagement. You are equally comfortable in big money settings and grassroots meetings. You are charismatic, trustworthy, and a great communicator. You bring hearts and smarts.
- A strong track record in managing people. You can motivate a high-performing team to knock it out of the park according to the metrics that you helped to set. As a manager, you know how to delegate skillfully and give meaningful feedback. You have experience holding a team accountable and providing support and direction for growing edges. You are well organized with great time management skills. You have experience managing staff who work remotely.
- A nuanced race and oppression analysis. You recognize the ways that race and other identities intersect in our work and are driven to make changes in systems and practices to operationalize equity. Your leadership will help to create a culture that fosters a sense of joy, trust, and belonging, especially for staff with marginalized identities.
- Experience raising money for political organizations. You’ve worked in organizations with c3, c4, and PAC vehicles. You understand policy, party messaging, and grassroots organizing. You’re not afraid to ask for a six figure gifts. You can make complex political concepts both accessible and inspiring to donors who aren’t political insiders. You know how to create systems and structures that foster alignment and collaboration around both big goals and essential details.
Salary and Generous Benefits Package:
Salary Range: $140,000 – $185,000
Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental, Vision)
Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
Short Term & Long Term Disability
Training & Development
Work From Home with Flexible Hours
Mobile Phone Stipend
Way to Win is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants or employees because of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, citizenship status, disability status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression of an otherwise qualified individual, or membership in any other class protected by applicable law.
This search is being run by NRG Consulting Group, please contact email@example.com with questions.
About Way to Win
Way to Win is a home base for progressive donors and organizers seeking a strategic approach to funding that advances transformative policy, wins elections, and builds lasting power in the states. We work in partnership with those most impacted by injustice to win near-term elections while building long-term power to improve lives, and to achieve a representative democracy that works for all.