Is this your dream job? The Western Organization of Resource Councils is seeking an experienced community organizer to join our training team.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has demonstrated community organizing experience and training skills.
- Has experience organizing within Indigenous and other communities of color.
- Has a personal commitment to racial, class and gender equity and justice.
- Is excited about both the challenge and opportunity to help us envision the next 40 years of grassroots organizing in the rural west as we undergo generational leadership changes and work to shift our culture.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred but not required.
Remote location considered if the location is within WORC’s region (North Dakota, South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, western Colorado, Idaho, eastern Oregon) and near one of WORC’s member groups.
The full job announcement and application instructions can be found here. Interviews will be held on a rolling basis with preference given to applications received before March 22, 2020. The position will remain open until filled.
Salary range starts at $45,000 depending on experience and qualifications. We offer generous benefits including 100% employer paid health and dental insurance for staff, paid vacation and sick leave, paid sabbatical, flex time, ongoing professional development opportunities, and 401K with employer contribution.
Applicants must have the ability and flexibility for substantial regional travel once pandemic conditions allow, as well as availability for periodic evening and weekend work assignments and occasional long hours. WORC has policies in place to support sustainable working hours for staff.
About Western Organization of Resource Councils
WORC is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to cultivating and preserving a work environment that is built on the premise of equity. We welcome qualified people of all backgrounds and abilities to apply. For more information about WORC, and to view our Equity Statement, visit our website at www.worc.org.
WORC is a regional network of eight grassroots community organizations in seven Western states. WORC is nationally respected for its 40 years of winning campaigns through community organizing, training, leadership development and voter engagement.