When We All Vote (WWAV) is seeking an intern to join its Digital team to support efforts to close the race and age gap in voter participation. This is a paid position ($15/hour), beginning on August 17 and continuing through November 13, located in Washington, DC. Due to current circumstances, this internship may be remote. Successful candidates will have a positive and professional attitude and an open-minded approach to operating within a dynamic organization.
When We All Vote is a non-profit, nonpartisan organization that is on a mission to increase participation in every election and close the race and age voting gap by changing the culture around voting, harnessing grassroots energy, and through strategic partnerships to reach every American.
Launched in 2018 by co-chairs Michelle Obama, Tom Hanks, Lin-Manuel Miranda, Janelle Monae, Chris Paul, Faith Hill, and Tim McGraw, When We All Vote is changing the culture around voting using a data-driven and multifaceted approach to increase participation in elections.
● Drafting social media content.
● Drafting and editing email content.
● Track social media analytics for weekly digital reports.
● Current undergraduate student, preferably a rising third or fourth year.
● Availability to work a minimum of 20 hours per week.
● Strong understanding of the current digital media landscape, including social media trends and culture.
● Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, as well as multitask.
● Strong communication, written, critical thinking, and problem-solving skills.
● Strong attention to detail.
● Ability to work with diverse individuals and communities with varying perspectives.
● A passion for civic engagement, especially voter registration, turnout, and voting rights.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line Digital Intern – Fall. The cover letter should be concise, compelling, and include why you would like to work for When We All Vote. For best consideration applications should be submitted by June 30, 2020.
When We All Vote is an equal opportunity employer and it is When We All Votes’ policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.